FoodSaver Doesn't Seal Tightly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DramaQueen

Head Chef
Several days ago there was a thread about the new vertical FoodSaver. I can't find it so I'm starting a new one.
I broke my 5 yr. old FS and bought a vertical one from Costco. It works perfectly, seals much faster and is easy to use. However, I'm not getting the tight seal I got with my old one. That one used to suck so much air out of the bag that it would feel very tight. This new one doesn't seem to be sucking as much air. I know I have it on the right setting, I'm pretty tech savvy, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. Does your sealed package feel tight and is the bag really crimped?

Take it back and get it replaced. I don't have the vertical, but I know mine works the way it is suppose to.

Thanks for your input. Mine is going back to replace. I just got a phone call from my son who was at Costco and tells me that the FS I bought a few days ago is now marked down $20.00from $149 to $129. Fortunately Costco is good about giving customers the marked down price after purchase. Things must be tough when Costco marks their FS down.

Got free phone service from my cable company and now this. This has been a good week. :LOL:

Yes, I would take it back for a replacement, but I hope the problem isn't just from packing foam or tape not removed from the insides. I actually missed one piece of tape when I was unpacking mine and didn't realize it until I was getting familiar with the trays top and bottom and the sensor pieces.

I don't know whether it means anything but I seem to notice better vacuuming and sealing when the ribbed side is down (touching the sealer). It may be a coincidental but you might pay attention to this next time you seal things.

Back
Top Bottom