Fridge flings ice cubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a Maytag French Door fridge new in November, and I love it. However, the in the door ice dispenser throws ice cubes all over the floor. They just jump out of the glass or container,doesn't matter what the depth of container is. It is very enthusiastic. I read reviews about this being a problem but figured I wouldn't be affected. Silly me.

Any ideas ?

Andy M. said:
Call customer service and complain. It's still under warranty.

Yeah, good point, though as far as I can tell, this is a common problem and there have been no solutions so far. Buyer beware.

All the more reason to call and complain. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll find a solution.

Andy M. said:
All the more reason to call and complain. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll find a solution.

I was hoping for some sort of screw I could tighten or loosen, or a funnel sort of thing. Don't want to return it, but you're right, Andy, I should contact them.

I wouldn't expect you'd have to return it. I would expect a free service call to your home.

Andy M. said:
I wouldn't expect you'd have to return it. I would expect a free service call to your home.

True. I will check the website again. Thanks!

I have a Maytag French Door fridge new in November, and I love it. However, the in the door ice dispenser throws ice cubes all over the floor. They just jump out of the glass or container,doesn't matter what the depth of container is. It is very enthusiastic. I read reviews about this being a problem but figured I wouldn't be affected. Silly me.

Any ideas ?

This may sound silly, but I thought ours had the same problem until my husband pointed out that I needed to hold the glass up closer to the dispenser... :blink:

SharonT said:
This may sound silly, but I thought ours had the same problem until my husband pointed out that I needed to hold the glass up closer to the dispenser... :blink:

Yeah, I thought all those silly folks were doing wrong too, but this thing has a mind of its own. Thought I could outsmart it, keeps the dog water dish full though!

Will give another shot with your suggestion, though, Sharon. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom