George Foreman grill - grilling help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I own two of them.

Are you cooking sausage patties on the GF grill or the little sausage links? I was confused as to which ones you were cooking on the grill.

Yes, I DO plan to get a grinder attachment to use with the K'Aid Stand Mixer.

And for those who don't have a grinder yet and want to cut back on the amount of salt that's in sausage meat, there's a way to get around that. Simply mix in your favorite pre-ground plain meat such as pork, turkey, chicken or beef.

A friend of mine once did that, and it drastically cuts out the excessive amount of salt to make the sausage patties much more enjoyable.

But you'll probably have double the meat though. But it's worth it though, not to have to deal with all that salt!

Last edited:
I have the url of a web site with tons of sausage recipes of every ethnic persuation on my home computer. I'll post it for you later tonight if I can remember.

The only sausages I've ever had that needed to be boiled first were real, homemade Polish sausages, like kielbasa, or a kieshka, if nobody steals it.

About the only things that I cook on my GF grill are steaks, chops and burgers. Chicken can also be cooked on it, but I didn't do that yet.

I think link sausage is difficult to cook even in a pan, you want it nice and browned but it does't get cooked unless you put some water in the pan and let it boil off and then brown up, all this takes a lot of watching and effort not to over cook and catch it before it burns up. So with respect to that issue I find the GF to be easier then all that business. I cook all my sausage on the GF and even cut the smoked sausage in half and brown it up on there as well. Italian sausage I prefer baked in the oven with a lid on it, I like it real tender or then thrown in the sauce.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.

I have a GF grill and it is the one that has the removable plates which are great for cleaning and a temperature control. The temperature control is very helpful in how I cook different things so that maybe this issue if you can't control the temp. I would say to put the sausage across the ridges and you should be able to just let them cook, no turning or watching. Good luck.:chef:

gf sausage cooking

sausages come with so many different additives that it is hard to say how best to cook them, they all react differently to the george. It is trial and error but the best way to cook proper sausages is very slowly in a dry shallow pan with a lid on. Supermarket sausages are not really very good anyway but I tend to microwave them for one minute then cook them across the grooves rather than in them. If I don't microwave them I put them onto a cold george in the grooves and turn them once halfway through. remember to wipe the gf with a thin layer of oil before you start - makes cleaning easier. I have a g5 now but my old gf was handed over to my god daughter after four years and is still going strong - fantastic piece of kit.

Back
Top Bottom