George Foreman Grill - What temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MysticTaz

Assistant Cook
I've happily been using the original GF grill for over 8 years, but I just upgraded to the Next Grilleration, which has a variable temperature of 300-425 F, in 25 degree increments. This is too complex! :LOL:

Does anyone here know what temperature the original GF grill thermostat kept itself at?

Well, you should have gotten a booklet (Instruction Manual) with the new grill - and somewhere it will have a customer support toll-free phone number. Call and ask them - they are the most likely to know.

I'm not insensitive to your problem .. I'm just trying to point you to the folks who are most likely to be able to answer your question.

I'm guessing the old one was in the range of 325-350 F.

Yep. Shortly after I posted my question, I decided to search the manual again to see if it does mention the temperature of the original. What I found, however, was a customer support email address. I just got their response, which was:

Dear John,

Thank you for your email. The George Foreman grills have a cooking temperature of approximately 400 degrees. This temperature can vary +/- 50 degrees dependent on various factors. Typically I would say that the temperature would be maintained between 375 and 400 degrees.

Thank you,

Phil
Consumer Relations

This thread has me puzzled. The last post was in 2006 and somehow it got bumped up to the front page, where it showed pollywallis was here last, but there's no post, nor has she ever made one on anything according to her profile.

Anyone have any idea how and why it was resurrected?

I think it's some kind of database glitch. It shows up under New Posts, but once I read it, it doesn't go away, like they usually do.

Ressurection

How this came up again was as I was searching for temperature information, this came up. I read the thread and it really didn't help much so I added what I found thinking it could help someone else. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to add information. Sorry

How this came up again was as I was searching for temperature information, this came up. I read the thread and it really didn't help much so I added what I found thinking it could help someone else. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to add information. Sorry
Hi! No, please don't get the wrong idea. You can certainly add information to old threads, although it can be confusing sometimes. The thing is that your previous comment is not showing up for some reason. I still don't see it and your profile indicates that you have made only one post here. So I don't know what happened to your first one.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

Comedy relief.

Are electric press down grills that drain fat off still the rage? I couldn't resist buying something similar 5 years back. This was beyond George Foreman grills. You'd put your pork chop or steak into a provided heat resistant bag, and insert it into the unit and it would automatically close up and cook it. Sear marks and all. The infomercial tempted me. I bought one.

Any steak or chop that had a bone in it, the heated plate would not be able to close up evenly on both sides to properly cook it. $39. :neutral:

The 30 minute infomercial ad made it look so neat tho. :ermm:

Last edited:
I've seen this mysterious thread bumping before. I suspect what may have happened is that a post was added to the thread, but was either deleted by a moderator, or (more likely) it was temporarily hidden until reviewed by the moderating team.

On other forums I've belonged to, if a new member registers and posts something that raises a red flag (for example, a link to another site or advertisement), that post may be moderated, but still qualifies as new activity and bumps up the thread.

It didn't show up the other day but it is there now?

As I mentioned above, it was more than likely hidden by a moderator until someone had a chance to review it. Once reviewed and found to be okay, it's then set to be visible again.

I'm an administrator on three other forums (not this one) and that's pretty standard practice. Especially when a new member registers and immediately posts a link to another site. It tends to set off red flags because the moderators don't know you. They want to make sure you're not linking to something bad.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the warm welcome comments. Cheryl J and Josie 1945 and Kayelle - love your tags!
I have had a GF grill for many years and avoided using it because it was such a pain to clean! I broke down and purchased the one with temp and time cook and love it. It is a breeze to clean and cooks just great. It didn't come with a cookbook or extra info, so the temp thing was not covered, which explains my search!
I look forward to many future awesome tips!

Back
Top Bottom