Good kettle recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynecarter

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I’m looking for the best kettles people can recommend. I really want a kettle that keeps water hot (around 80°-90°c), but every kettle I’ve read about or even bought (even £100+ ones!) only keeps the water hot for around 30 mins (using a ‘keep warm’ feature). I hate the waiting around for the thing to boil, and they’re normally really loud.

So can anyone recommend a kettle that keeps water hot all the time?

Thanks,

I only ask because you can buy those big enclosed boiler units that keep water hot all the time. But they’re huge and usually much mire expensive. But for some reason no one makes a kettle like this...

I wonder if the vacuum walled ones are any better, I've bought and replaced my kettle 3 times in the last few months (each one more expensive than the last) but they dont seem to be any better the more money you spend, the only thing you gain is 'variable temperature'

And you're right some claim to keep water hot for long periods of time, there's a 'Stag EKG' which looks interesting, and that has a hold switch on the back, but again i dont think it keeps water hot. Im starting to think it's legislation or something stopping manufacturers doing it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom