Griddle Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Not sure about the potato bread part, but griddles with ridges and flat sides have been used a lot by me.

I have a Cuisinart Griddler with both those sides. Use flat for what ever! bacon, eggs, grill cheese, etc. ridged side for sausages, hot dogs, panini, skewers - almost anything you would do on a BBQ.

I also have a cast iron pan with the ridges, very handy, especially for searing quickly at a high heat that I don't feel I get with the griddler.

many uses I can't even think of right now.

I have a cast iron griddle, but I don't use it a lot. I've used it to make naan bread and corn tortillas, as well as pancakes, etc., as dragnlaw mentioned, when I have house guests (which is quite infrequent).

Potato bread is very nice made from scratch, although I don't often make it.

I also have a ridged pan on which I like to fry sausages - they don't roll around as much as on a flat pan.

Gillian

I also have a ridged pan on which I like to fry sausages - they don't roll around as much as on a flat pan.

Gillian
Brilliant! I have one also, but I rarely use it because I prefer that steaks and burgers have full contact with the pan. But sausages! Simply brilliant! [emoji16] Thank you!

We have an old cast-iron griddle that I got at a junk shop and resurrected, removing decades of grease and grime. Herself uses it for sourdough pancakes.

I use a Le Creuset griddle pan with a press made from scrap for Cubanos and paninis.

30Ej9jF.jpg

We have an old cast-iron griddle that I got at a junk shop and resurrected, removing decades of grease and grime. Herself uses it for sourdough pancakes.

I use a Le Creuset griddle pan with a press made from scrap for Cubanos and paninis.

30Ej9jF.jpg

I love Cubanos and usually get one at my favorite grinder shop. I like to see how others prepare them.

Will you post your recipe/method? :)

Ross

Brilliant! I have one also, but I rarely use it because I prefer that steaks and burgers have full contact with the pan. But sausages! Simply brilliant! [emoji16] Thank you!

You're very welcome! I'm rather tickled that you think the idea is brilliant. I hate when sausages roll in a flat-based frying pan.

Gillian

Back
Top Bottom