GT express 101? Anyone tried it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubba_sybo

Cook
Has anyone tried one of these?

My Mom swears she has to have one.
Have you seen the commercial on TV? What do you think?
I just dont see them using it, yet I am curious.
The latest offer is 2 of them plus a bunch of accesories for $40. (So I could get her one and keep one???)

I have heard bad things about shipping them to MI costing $30. I looked for reviews on this product and found mostly good things said about using it though, wich made me wonder about their authenticity. I did find a few people that weren't happy with the small size and the cleanup. Saying it really wasnt a great idea for more than a couple, or a single person.
I think it will just collect dust at their house. I mean they might use it a few times then it will just sit under a cupboard somewhere. Haven't we all owned one of those appliances. Some of us still do. But lured in by all the hollywood magic I can see myself using it. They even have a little plate like thing that fold in half to make a pasty looking thing. Even though I prefer mine made by hand.

So, what do u think? Have you used it? Would you be willing to try? What would you make in it?? If you seen the commercials do you think it is truly possible to make all those dishes with this??

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 10,832
For those who don't know what this is - here is the GT Express 101 website.

Well, Bubba ... I don't know - I'm a little leary about anything "Chef Tony" or "Cathy Mitchell, TV Personality and Food Expert" is pitching. It's not something that would get much use in my kitchen. But, some people may actually use and like it.

Regarding the shipping charges ... it may very well cost $30 for S&H. If you read their help page, it says, "There is a separate shipping charge for each product". You didn't really think that 2nd one was going to be free, did you?

Bubba, I agree with Michael, and your assessment.

Have not seen the commercial, but did a bit of Googling and it seems like a product that is very limited in what it can do, at least to me.

We have been given a number of the 'latest' cooking appliances as gifts, everyone knows we love to cook, and most of them are in the basement, used once or not at all.

This may, or may not, be a useful item for certain folks.

But we, the two of us here, are not tempted to buy one.

Happy Thanksgiving and take care.

The latest offer is 2 of them plus a bunch of accesories for $40.

If a product is high quality, no manufacturer is going to advertise this way. I have decided never to buy anything where the company "offers" two of the same product.

First I tried to convince her it was a useless peice of junk. Most of those miracle gadgets are. I even looked for disgruntled owners on the net to support my theory, but couldn't find any, just alot of good reviews for it. Honestly if it makes her happy for a couple minutes it would be worth the money. I am such a Mamma's boy:)

Maybe they are offering 2 for the price of one to make up for the size of the thing....
Kinda reminds me of the things they had when u went camping to make sandwiches over the fire. About the size of a peice of bread but it closed on the ingredients and had a long metal rod on it so u could put in the fire.

I still have my doubts about being able to cook raw meat in it and have it turn out done. I did find a similar product at a store for 20 buck. Bought it right away. So now she is stuck with it and I dont get one. I can always ninja it from her for a day after the romance wears off. Any recipe suggestions??

I'm with Andy on this one.

Though it seems like one of those "tools" that does something "revolutionary", I think it is better at separating your money from your wallet.

But making ma happy...priceless!

I have had one for years, kids wore it out and had to replace it, yes you can do the same thing with a fry pan, but this is earier. You don't have to buy them mail order, I bought mine locally at one of the national stores for around $15-20. If you look, around Christmas, they are everywhere.

The only cooking item I bought that had an infomercial was the George Foreman Grill. Now that is so abundantly popular and there are countless renditions, you can get one anywhere.

I've seen the infomercial, and while it looks good, it's likely looking better then it should. Remember, you have no idea what is going on off camera. Once the camera turns away from one device, who's to say it did't get switched? Or maybe dumped and filled with already cooked servings.

I'm with the others. I wouldn't buy one.

bubba_sybo said:
Any recipe suggestions??

As you have already noted - different gizmos cook differently ... and you didn't mention which gizmo you purchased!

Most of them come with a limited selection of recipes and instructions to get you started.

It's really hard to give you recipe advice without knowing what gizmo you got.

gt express 101

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I

While watching watching late night tv I saw a advertisement for the gt express 101, buy one and get one for free. Well it looked good so I preceedeed to order one. $39.99 plus shipping.and handling, (THEY DO NOT TELL YOU WHAT THOSE CHARGES ARE) before receiving it was charged $49.95 and the following week was charged another $13.90 for some dumb cook books that I spicificaly answered no to over and over. Once I received the gt express and tried to use it found that using the old fry pan was faster so I returned it for $14.02 shipping charges. While waiting for my refund I was charged another payment of $19.95. When I called the company I was told that they did not received the returns, when I told them I checked the tracking number and it was received, they put me on hold "to check", when they returned I was told that a credit of $39.95 would be credited to my account plus $9.95 for the dumb cookbooks. so lets see $49.95, plus 13.95, plus 19.95, plus the cost to ship it back $14.02

A total of $78.87 out of my pocket , I am at a loss of aprox $ 40.00

So sorry to hear that you were ripped off.:ohmy:

This item more than likely was on one of those blasted paid programs, which I hate with a passion!

Those **** advertisements just clog the airwaves and are so ridiculously annoying!! The biggest abuser of this is the Food Network which shuts down regular programing to run those dumb stupid ads from between 4 & 5am to about 9am, advertising just about everything from exercise equipment to make-up to gadgets for the kitchen, small appliances and whatever else have you.:mad:

Dozens of channels run these ridiculous programs every morning! And if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!

If you already have a George Forman G5, you can buy a sixth plate that will do the same thing as this does, and the G5 plates are removable and can be tossed into the dishwasher.

I don't have the later model.

I got the other one where you must clean the grill plates while on the unit - the ones that first came out.

I can get that same shape with the stovetop reversable griddle.

It wouldn’t work for me. The recipes include a lot of processed pre-made food and I’m a meat lover and most meat would have to be de-boned, de-skinned, pounded flat and cut down to size – too much work.

I Have One

I Actually Have A Gt Express And I Really Do Like It. I Have Made Things From Cake To Chicken In Mine And They Turned Out Great. I Received The Second One Free And You Do Have To Pay $15 For Shipping On It. I Gave It To My Mom And She Makes Omelets All Of The Time. You Obviously Cant Make A Big Meal In It But The Portions Arent Bad. I Say Go Ahead And Get Her One.

I bought the Omelette maker by gourmet for $5 special at Walgreens does the same same paperwork

works fine for a snack or people living alone ideal quick easy

saw the adverts on TV was interested price seemed high could not understand why they would throw in two and then the shipping cost the same as the item Doubles the price without you realising the situation untill it is too late

annoying

Just bought one at Goodwill for $3.00. Tried it and I probably paid what it is worth. It was fun to use, but it will probably go back to Goodwill after a few more uses! Went on the site and you have to PAY to be in Cathy's recipe club. Don't like that at all.

I admit that I love Kathy Mitchell!!! She is soooooo weird.

I can watch the GT Express commercial anythime its on. I've seen it at leat 50 times.

The "Turbocooker" was better, though, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom