Has Anyone Bought A Toaster Oven Recently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
I am looking for members who have bought toaster ovens preferable nonconvection style recently. I've looked at the past posts, most are dated. I have looked at Epinion, seems the Black & Decker level of basic toaster ovens are nothing but fire starters, the next level do not toast very quickly (10 min.) time frame. Has anyone had any experince with the Panasonic that uses infrared light to toast? Low end Krups and some of the Cuisnarts also seem to have mechanical problems. I am basicly looking for info to back up what the reviews are saying. Thanks for your help.

We bought 2 two actually. We first bought one for Buck's mother and liked hers so much that we bought another just like it for us.

Here it is: GE 6-slice Toaster Oven With Rotisserie - Wal-Mart.

It is awesome. One of the things I especially like about it is that it is very, very easy to clean. It is large enough to bake a 2-quart casserole or 2 full size loaves of bread. I've done it. The rotisserie is fabulous. The whole chicken we roasted using it came out perfectly. Another thing we like about the oven is that the door opens like a refrigerator door and swings completely out of the way. No door to get in the way of moving things in and out and no hinge area to try to keep clean.

The racks are secure between tracks so there's no tipping forward as the racks are pulled to the front. That was one feature that we liked for Buck's mother. And, the way the racks are designed, there are multiple levels possible.

Can you tell I like it? Buck's mother raves about it, too.

Last edited:
I bought a refurbished Cuisinart toaster oven/broiler for 50 bucks American about three years ago, and I liked it so much that when a friend split with her boyfriend and moed in to her own place, I bought her one as a housewarming gift. I have no complaints and neither does she.

Previous to the Cuisinart, I had a Black & Decker, and it has been my experience that Black & Decker appliances tend to expire immediately after the warranty does.

I bought and returned 4 or 5 toaster ovens before settling on a Kenmore based on its even toasting ability. It also works well as a small oven and I have used it to broil sausage effectively.

I focussed on less expensive ovens at the time.

I guess my B&D toaster oven must have been made on a Wednesday or something! I've had mine for well over twenty years now and haven't had one problem. I use it more than my microwave. It looks kinda beat though:LOL:

I got this Europro 6 slice toaster on sale at Target for $28.

http://www.euro-pro.com/europro/productdetail.aspx?pid=F6A5A892-38A1-4240-8C57-DE58BDC5D6B4(Euro-Pro+Base+Catalog)&MSCSProfile=983BB0CC620F5E6D8FDE26829663AF163AD2383A9610507CEE21906610F9777E1F7A06C776E455B5477AD46C1391C63673CA71B1FF5D7504D9CCA37B3E08481768F49F125F62610A1B3936C4947B2F53BB8E7A5146488A9C404A042AE5F2D25A47A7709FE0A14A9EB8014D2EDDFE3BB1822A22ACAD42F1F05CBA12E8D46578EA16CAEC107A09E456

The back of the toaster is also curved so that you can fit a pizza up to 12 inches big in it.

When I read how dangerous microwaves are and how they destroy the vitamins and proteins in food I decided to go out and by both a toaster oven and tea kettle. I dont miss the microwave one bit ;)

I guess my B&D toaster oven must have been made on a Wednesday or something! I've had mine for well over twenty years now and haven't had one problem. I use it more than my microwave. It looks kinda beat though:LOL:

Thats just it. You dont get the quality that was offered 20 years ago. With our country becoming a capitalist one the focus is more on the price tag than quality itself.

Me, I'd rather pay more for a quality product.

Cheers :chef:

Back
Top Bottom