Help! I can't read the knob on my Rival crock-pot 5060.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papercrock

Assistant Cook
Does anyone out there have a Rival crockpot model number 5060 with four settings; off, high, low, and warm? Over time my wife (who is out of town) has scrubbed the settings off of the knob, and I want to use the crockpot. Rival was no help ("We no longer produce that model.') and the cover of the manual (the only picture) does not show the settings. My kids picked a recipe, and I promised them I would cook it today.:angel:

Well this probably will not help you today, but you can put some water in the crock pot and turn it on to one of the on settings and use a thermometer to take the temp of the water. the do the same for the other settings. You should be able to determine high low and warm by doing that.

I do not think that is necessarily true Corey. Logically that would make sense, but I am pretty sure my Rival has high on the left and low on the right.

The real answer to the question here is that all Rival crock pots with the 4 position selector are as follows: All the way left is off, the next position is low, and then it is high, and the far right position is warm. ;)

Welcome to DC. Hope you were able to use the crockpot and feed the kids what they wanted! Mine is the same--off, low, high, warm.

Interesting! He posted this four years ago and never came back, so I can only draw one conclusion. Apparently he was so flustered by the knob dilemma that he didn't feed his kids, they starved to death, and he has been in prison for their demise, which is why he never came back! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

From what I just learned, I believe he is in a super-minimum security prison. He merely needs to turn the door knob. He has been having a little trouble figuring out which way to turn it though. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I like to think that the OP finally decided, WTH, and drove over to WalMart or Costco or Target or BB&B and just got a new crock pot, for perhaps $20-$30, a good value no matter where you buy it.

Oh my gosh, you all are cracking me up. :LOL:

Speaking of crockpots though :LOL: have y'all noticed that the newer models cook WAY too high, even on low setting? I gave away my newer crockpot last year and bought a Nesco roaster instead. I love it. It has actual temp. settings rather than just 'low and high'. They have dial settings that allow you to cook at anything between a very low simmer, to a high heat roast. I think mine is a 6 1/2 quart, I'd have to look.

I've made anything from low simmer soups (that don't boil like in the newer crockpots) to small roasts at 400 degrees that brown the meat very nicely. Just like a tabletop oven, without heating up the big oven. Love it. :)

Cheryl J said:
Oh my gosh, you all are cracking me up. :LOL:

Speaking of crockpots though :LOL: have y'all noticed that the newer models cook WAY too high, even on low setting? I gave away my newer crockpot last year and bought a Nesco roaster instead. I love it. It has actual temp. settings rather than just 'low and high'. They have dial settings that allow you to cook at anything between a very low simmer, to a high heat roast. I think mine is a 6 1/2 quart, I'd have to look.

I've made anything from low simmer soups (that don't boil like in the newer crockpots) to small roasts at 400 degrees that brown the meat very nicely. Just like a tabletop oven, without heating up the big oven. Love it. :)

I love my Nesco roaster, Cheryl! I found out you can even can with it (little jars).

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f94/canning-in-a-nesco-roaster-78965.html

Last edited:
I wish I was into canning. :ermm: Would love to learn about it . I love my Nesco roaster, it sure has become one of my best kitchen friends.

Back
Top Bottom