Hidden Bake Element

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PennyAnte

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if anyone here has bought an oven with that 'hidden bake element' and, if so, how do you like it? My mother-in-law has given me money to buy a new stove (yippee!!) and I want to make sure I do it right as I might not have this opportunity again! Am thinking of going stainless steel (especially after reading some of the threads here on them), a flat top, convection. The only thing missing is wondering about that hidden bake element. I have some concerns that they may burn out faster due to the heat being unable to escape properly? If anyone has had experience with this type of oven, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!

We've had an oven with a hidden bake element for four years. I love it! I do more baking in my oven than anything else. I find it cooks very evenly. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Of course, now that I CAN buy a new oven, I'm anxious to get out there and do it! If you don't mind, what make is your oven? It sounds like a darn good one.

The brand is Inglis. One other point I should make it that the door is well insulated. My son can touch the door no matter what the temp is inside and it's not warm. I love that! :)

There is no element visible in the bottom of the oven. Instead the element is around the whole box and heats the whole oven box instead of heating from the bottom. I hope that makes sense! :)

That does make sense. Thanks! I have never seen one of these. I would imagine that these types of ovens would cook more evenly...(?)

Thanks for your feedback. We don't have any Inglis suppliers in this small town but found a Whirlpool that seems pretty good through Sears. Now I guess I'd better do some serious research on convection cooking before it arrives!

It sounds like you purchased the same Whirlpool Range that I purchased in July....Model# GR478LXP. I got all black. So far, I've only used the convection once to bake a whole chicken and it turned out great. If you learn something great in your research, please pass it on to me.

I really love my new range!!!!!

Pamela:chef:

Hi Pamela
Glad to hear that you like your range. I've been scouring the internet for convection cooking tips and also asking people, etc. It sounds very much like a person just has to jump in and start using it in order to get comfortable with it. I'm not getting the super duper expensive one that automatically converts temp and time for you so will just follow some of the advice I've got and make adjustments as they come along. So far, most people are saying to cook about 50 degrees less temp and 25 minutes less time - unless it is meat and then it could be up to an hour less time depending on whether it is a roast, turkey, etc. So there will definitely be a learning curve going on here!

I'm just hoping that this oven will make me enjoy cooking more. I couldn't enjoy cooking less, I'm sure, LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom