Hot Air Popper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ross101

Assistant Cook
I bought a Presto hot air popper and love the way it works. I’m a little disappointed that the popped corn (Orville Redenbacher recommended by the manufacturer) doesn’t have that fresh crispness that bag microwave popcorn has. Any suggestions?

I use a hot air popper and the popcorn i use is the hulless type that you can get on the internet, if you want i can let you know the the name of the corn. My father gets a combo pack because it has 12 different vareitys.

I know this thread is older, but I'm going to add my two cents. Don't use Orville Redenbaker. It just isn't as good a product in a hot air popper. If you have a Costco/Cost Plus or whatever its called they have a big jug of popcorn that is great. I don't remember the name though. Sorry!

I like to make popcorn the old fashioned way - on the stove in some oil, in a regular SS pan. Put in a few kernels and wait for them to pop...pour in the rest, cover and shake until it is done popping. Add butter and salt. Yum.

I like to make popcorn the old fashioned way - on the stove in some oil, in a regular SS pan. Put in a few kernels and wait for them to pop...pour in the rest, cover and shake until it is done popping. Add butter and salt. Yum.

Me too!!!!!!!! Except I use a cast iron pan and put all of it in at the same time!

oil in a pot the only way to go... don't really understand the newfangled popcorn making contraptions... the "old school way" not hard.

I used to make popcorn in a pan w/oil but after having to scrape out the burned on corn I switched to hot air poppers.

I bought a Presto hot air popper and love the way it works. I’m a little disappointed that the popped corn (Orville Redenbacher recommended by the manufacturer) doesn’t have that fresh crispness that bag microwave popcorn has. Any suggestions?

You might want to try heating the hot air popper before you pour the popcorn in. I find that helps and my son likes it better. Good luck!

Linda

We have one of these. It does a good job, the popcorn is much more flavorful and moist than the gawdawful hot air stuff, and my grandkids love to watch it work.

Amazon.com: West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Popcorn Popper, Black: Home & Garden

41KR0eqPWsL._SS350_.jpg

I buy the local low-fat popcorn that is made for the microwave. 2 minutes, and zero calories, and $.33 a bag. What is so wrong with that?

Bob

Back
Top Bottom