How many Fridge/Freezers in your home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many fridgerator/freezers do you have in your home?

• only 1

Votes: 17 32.7%

Votes: 20 38.5%

Votes: 11 21.2%

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 5+ - I own a meat market!

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
I had a standing 14 cubic ft. FF freezer and a matching 14 cubic ft. FF fridge but they were too big and couldn't fit through the narrow stairs, so I was forced to sell them.

Even though I now have a smaller FF fridge and a smaller freezer, I still like them both.

Yes Sattie, I also agree with you! It IS a pain to have to dig for stuff!

Two things to consider though when planning to aquire a freezer;

1. Uprights are better to store frozen food in because they help you organize things better, but they lose cold air rapidly when the door is opened. Warm air rushes in at the top, pushing the cold air out at the bottom. Same thing with the top freezer in your fridge.

2. Chest freezers help retain the cold better when the lid is opened, but it forces you to have to dig for something at or near the bottom of the unit. There are baskets though to help you organized the stuff a little better.

So both of them have drawbacks.

Last edited:
one refrigerator
one 10 cu. ft. chest freezer
one 15 cu. ft. chest freezer

I don't seem to have a problem with keeping track of what's in my freezers, I'm in them every day rumaging around. But they also are smallish. I keep meat, veggies, spices, nuts, in one. And whole wheat flour, cheeses, leftovers, breads in the other.

I have a refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen, and a chest freezer in the garage, because the homeowner's association pays the electric bill for the garages. If I lived on the first floor, I'd probably keep ALL my electricals in the garage! :LOL:

In our kitchen there is a built in cubby hold for a relatively small fridge. So when we bought a new one a couple of years ago, the old one went down to the basement (read cellar).

Only the two of us and we don't need all the room but we manage to fill them up.

Go figure.

Yes, it is, and I am lucky enough to have basement where I build a separate kitchen for passover. It is very small, but the fact that we do not have to clean our regular kitchen is amasing. I love it.

Oh, that's a great idea - a passover kitchen! That would save a huge amount of time and then you wouldn't have to get rid of all the "not OK for passover" foods! Very cool, Charlie.

we got the high end 3 door ss in the kitchen. Keeps a constant 37* and -2 in the freezer. Food stays fresh a long time with this baby. Got the white 2 door top freezer unit in the back room with the laundry...mainly for beverages and freezer space. Looking into a small freezer for those sales on meat etc.

Chest is definitely more efficient. We had one at my parents house growing up and yes things tended to get stacked on top. Also things tended to get buried and forgotten about. I like them though and would love to have one. I just do not have the need for a third freezer right now though.

A sweet memory. When I was growing up, my grandfather Sam had us convinced that there was a chocolate tree growing in the metal cabinet that was his kitchen's pantry. I remember examining the shelves with my brother and cousin to see if we could find the branches. That's because Grandpa always brought us Hershey bars.

GB, the chest freezer you speak of had a similar enchantment. Whenever we would visit your parents, your mom would go down to the basement and pull magic out of that chest... little squares of lemon deliciousness or chocolatey goodness, magical cookie bars or other undoubtedly sinful pleasures. Uncle G was convinced that your mother single handedly supported the sugar producers of the world. If we were really lucky, we would show up not long after some occasion that had her making multiple desserts that got stowed in the freezer and had to be eaten.

Oh my. I need a piece of chocolate.:in_love::in_love::in_love:

We just have the fridge/freezer in the kitchen, that is it. Would like to have a chest freezer as well as a small beverage fridge but that is on the 'someday' wish list.

Hey, you two underprivileged souls! You can get another refrigerator like we did...yard sale. We bought the one for our shop at such a sale for $30. Granted it's avocado green, but it works. Where's your faith?:LOL::LOL:

Where's your can of spray paint??:LOL::ROFLMAO:

We could always take up a collection, any extra to go towards filling them.;)
Probably not tax deductible though....

I think you need to hurry up and recover Buddy so we can hit the yard sales. Actually, the idea of a "flower power" fridge painted up like an old hippie VW "Love Machine" van appeals to me.

Okay, now you're talkin'! Just think of the possibilities. A "peace" symbol and words like "Peace," "Love" and "D..." Won't say it here. This is a family site. There are endless possibilities. Who can't forget, "Flower Power!?"

Now we're gettin' it goin'!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom