How to clean a Griddle on a Wolf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobkeenan

Assistant Cook
I just got a brand new Wolf gas range with an infrared heated griddle. I seasoned it and then cooked a few meals on it. It is Great. Nice even heat. BUT how do you clean it. I have never had a built in griddle before. Most of the cooking left the surface ok but the bacon left some residue that was really hard to get off. I used some hot water and dishsoap with a scotch bright pad and A LOT of elbow gease. If I Have to do that every time I won't use the griddle very much. I did buy a griddle stone but do not now how to use it and it looks a little scary.

Any Help?

I have a Wolf, but not the griddle. If the book doesn't specify a mode of cleaning, call the dealer and ask for suggestions. THey should know.

Thanks. The unit came with instructions. It talks about mixing water and a griddle cleaner but does not specifiy what that is. I will call the dealer and see what they say.

baking soda may work, barkeepers friend is good on stainless. You can also "cook it off" ie degalze with water while the griddle is still warm (not hot). there are grease cutting products like 409 and fantastic, but I'd still get the advice of the pros.

Back
Top Bottom