I flooded my rice cooker! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
I guess I added a little too much water to my rice cooker and now the display is all steamy and can't be read. Now what ?

Ironically, the solution to electronics that get wet is to put them in a bag with rice :LOL:
That is not really practical in this case. I would call the manufacturer and ask what they recommend.

I will look at the instructions but I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese brand and my language skills are horrible. I hope it will dry out on its own.

Mebby heat the oven to 200*f, once at 200 turn off and place cooker inside with towels around it. Or letting it sit in the sun with a towel around it if you live in a sunny area.

or put it in a big bag of rice for several days. I wouldn't put it in the oven.

Maybe you could put it in your car or truck with the windows rolled up, parked in direct sunlight. That may dry it out.

Heat isn't the only thing that dries... I would rather wick away the moisture, or otherwise soak it up, than subject the cooker to heat which could cause further damage.
I dropped my cell phone in water, immediately took out the battery and put it in a bag of rice for a couple of days . Did the trick, works just fine.

Rice is a good idea. I don't know how effective it is with moisture that is internal to the rice cooker. I'd go with a combination of warm, dry heat and rice.

the rice dried the interior of my phone, I was able to wipe off the exterior moisture

Hi all - after a few days in the rice, my steamer is all clear and I'm ready to do it all again !!! thanks for your help !!!

Back
Top Bottom