I want to get a bread maker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to use a breadmaker but now just mix the dough in the KA and go from there. However, from my machine days I would say to stay well away from the Black and Decker All-in-One. Poor quality construction - I had one where the paddle mechanism came loose after only two loaves. Returned it to Canadian Tire and had to get a replacement model - exactly the same thing happened. It went in the garbage. Never bought anything B&D since then.

The recipe I use for basic bread has the same ingredients - the herbs, and includes 2 tbs sugar in a 1 pound loaf. From there you can add pretty much anything you like.

Not just a bread machine.

We picked one up at good will. It's a Welbilt 1.5er. We laugh because it does look like R2D2 armless though. Look beyond the handicap and see what wonders they can do. We ain't laughing now! :)

I do make bread in it often. Every temperature (light, medium, dark crusts) it's set on cooks to exactly that. The timer on it has worked without any problems either. It doesn't matter around here about the shape of the loaf, or where the paddle once was.

Personally I think it's done a better job of kneading and rising the dough than the K/A ever has. The domed lid controls the rising time. No need to worry about placing the dough in a draft free environment. Clean up is easy. It's not done unless I've used it to make pasta dough. Even the pasta dough comes out better then anything else that I've tried. My hands thank me now. No more kneading.

Oh, almost forgot. It's great for kneading cracker dough. Haven't tried cookie's or pie's yet... Gimme time :LOL:

It's saved me a lot of time. Very versatile machine.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom