Ideal blender for frozen fruits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mellisa V

Assistant Cook
I bought a simple blender in hopes it would do a better job at helping me make smoothies from frozen fruits but sadly it overheats very soon after being turned on to the point that it melts the fruit inside.

I have been using my handheld blender instead but it's not ideal for this job.

Are there any brands or specific blenders you would recommend for this? Are any of those "fit smoothy makers" good? On most websites I found they have mixed reviews.

Frozen fruit is tough, and it is hard for me to recommend anything but a Vitamix. Not only is their power, warranty, and customer service second to none, the years they spend designing their models does indeed provide amazing results. And you don't need to spend big bucks! You can get this pup:

https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/shop/certified-reconditioned-explorian

for about $200. I have always bought reconditioned models from Vitamix and they are as good as new. So for $50 to $90 more than the competition, you'll have a superior appliance that will last you many years.

I was looking at the ATK blender recommendations. I also bought the food processor they recommended that has been used exactly twice in almost 2 years.
They recommend one blender that is right at $200. I don't mind spending money. But I want to use that machine that costs so much money.

They also recommend last year a Black and Decker blender for under $100. Maybe this is where I should go?

I'm not saying that any of the other blenders mentioned here wouldn't satisfy your needs. I just don't know.

I decided late last year to replace my badly worn blender and I knew that I was going to have extractions and other oral surgeries in the near future. So after some research and discussion in this forum among other places, I decided to buy a Vitamix 5200. It was delivered shortly before Christmas.

Early last month, all my teeth and some other needles stuff were surgically removed. Then the pandemic happened and the process of building dentures has apparently been declared non-essential for the duration.

Thankfully, every day the Vitamix is easily making smoothies from frozen ingredients, nut butter, and other things to make my life easier despite toothless social isolation.

I could have spent a hundred less, maybe even two, but I'm not missing the money. I am appreciating the best blender I've ever owned and the last blender I ever expect to buy.

The vitamix is the best there is. If you figure they are used in smoothie shops all day every day and survive. For us normal folks, they will last a lifetime. I couldn't imagine using any other after using ours.

That being said, ours was a gift. I honestly don't think I would spend the money for myself. It is expensive, and it is only a blender.

It is worth it, for sure. I just dont have the money to spend on appliances like that. It is the same cost as a cheap dishwasher or stove.

If you can afford it, you can't really do much better. And if you are going to use it daily, it is well worth it.

Vitamix blenders are awesome.

But when I was looking to buy one we went with a Ninja Chef. We have been happy with it. After using it my oldest daughter also bought one.

That said we do not use it all of time. If we were to use a blender everyday I would have bought a Vitamix.

I also recommend the Vitamix, but not if making smoothies is the main purpose you'd be using it for. As others have noted, it is useful for many other things, that the average blender won't do as well, or may burn out, doing some of those things. I use it to make some nut butters and tahini, and small amounts of flour, with various grains and dried vegetables. One thing that mine does better than any other blender that I have used is when grinding up the chiles when making Mexican recipes, and the seeds and tough skins are ground up totally - pressing through a strainer, as is usually done, to remove seeds and skin bits, leaves absolutely nothing! Also good for apples, and other tough skinned fruits, and also totally grinds up the seeds, as with chiles.

Vitamix. I put a Waring stainless steel container on it. Yes, it fits. Works better than the plastic one. I have to look down into it to see the stuff. I'm OK with that.

another really good blender with equal power to the Vitamix, is the Cleanblend brand. It is well made, and makes great smoothies for half the price pf a Vitamix, though the Vitamix does a better job at making nut butters.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom