If not gas, then what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used gas,electric and ceramic top and the least one I liked cooking on was the ceramic. It was easy to clean but had to buy special cleaner to clean it. Wasn't able to use my cast iron pans either and that I missed.Was very hard getting the right temp. Seemed like a strain to cook instead of a enjoyable time.mI would never have another ceramic top. I now have a coil electric and it cooks great and the ones they make today are so easy to clean. I know everyone has their own prefference and thats good.The new stoves out today are great looking. Happy stove hunting

Sorry for the somewhat melancholy post above. Found out last night that a freind is on her deathbed. I don't need a lot of sympathy as I have a strong belief in the afterlife, and religeon, and truly believe that her spirit will live on and attain a resurected body in due time. But death is still an uncomfortable thing to deal with. Faith is not knowledge, it is faith and is therefor subject to some doubt and speculation, no matter how strong it is.

I can't help but question things, even when I think I know the facts. It's who I am. It's what I've done all of my life, and will continue to do.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I ended up posting that twice because the forum ran too blasted slow this morining. I've since deleted one of them.

~Corey123.

my guess is that there's lots of not-so-silent but still deadly gas leaks around goodweed's house, and the dog is perpetually to blame...

(just a little levity gw. sorry to hear about your friend. god bless)

Michael in FtW said:
You forgot the logo, Buckytom!

adtour15.jpg

lol michael, thanks. we have a reddy kilowatt poster in our office, as all good electro-nerds do.

buckytom said:
my guess is that there's lots of not-so-silent but still deadly gas leaks around goodweed's house, and the dog is perpetually to blame...

(just a little levity gw. sorry to hear about your friend. god bless)

Ya talkin to me? ARE YOU TALKING-TO-ME! :mad:

That's all right. Though I can say in all honesty that it's a rare thing around here when there is any other gas than what's used to fill the lawn-mower. Do you know how hard it is to find an inconspicuous place where you can sit on that stupid little filling hole, and if the muffler's hot, watch out!:ROFLMAO: (No mental pictures allowed).

All righty then. Toilet humor is not something I'm much good at. I prefer good, clean, slapstick, aka three stooges, bugs bunny and freinds (ya gotta love the martian):mrgreen:.

NOw what was this thread about anyway. Seems to me we're supposed to be giving our opinions to a gent in need of a stove. Hmmmm.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Did you get your stove and if so can you tell us what you went with and if your happy with your choice and what color is it and do you love you house and and LOL ok I will slow down and say what did you decide on in the end.

Finally, the decision

Well, I went backto looking at the ceramic tops, and I ended up getting one from Sears. The main reason I went with Kenmore is because of a certain feature that they must have patented, because no one else has it. The lower heating element is completely covered. The other feature that convinced me was the 12"/9" dual element. Most of the stoves only had 9/6 elements, and I figure that the 12" will be really useful for stir frys and searing. If you're really interested, go to sears and search for 96332.

Thanks for all of the support, I think I'm going to enjoy this stove as much as my fiance will love her freezer-on-the-bottom fridge.

When I moved here the stove was an old electric coil, and the first order of the day was to replace it. It was my big, just for me, expenditure. I've cooked on just about every kind of non-professional stove you can imagine, having moved every few years of my life. I had the choice of either gas or electric, but money was an object, as was size. I chose Kenmore's top of the line (at the time) electric glass top. The difference in (a) cleaning and (b) heat that goes into the kitchen (house is 150 years old, no central air) is not to be believed. My husband will clean the rest of the kitchen, but not the stove, so this really, really makes my life easier. And as a woman at "that time of life", it is really nice to not have the excess heat gas puts into the kitchen when I'm cooking and expecting a bunch of company. It is nice to not have to greet guests with rivers of sweat drenching my body. This particular kind of stove puts heat directly into the pot without a lot of it going into the kitchen.

I like the fact, too, that I can juggle pots, pans and roasters between burners when push comes to shove. I can keep on burner really hot, and when I need it low heat just shove the pan to a lower burner or one that is turned off. I have two high heat burners in front (one is the dual that PratsA mentioned), two smaller in back, and a warmer burner (and a warmer drawer under the oven). The warmer burner is something we absolutely love in the winter; I keep a pot of tea on it all day, or a pot of chili or other stews.

I have quite literally worn off part of the finish on it, but appearances isn't a priority. Cooking and comfort are the priorities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom