Indoor Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,
Just got an indoor electric grill for my Bday, and I love it. I got it at Williams Sonoma, a Delonghi, and it has 3 temps, a cast iron grate, and a drip pan that you fill w/ water during cooking. I have grilled a pork tenderloin, summer squash, chix brst, and wings, and brats & peppers. The only problem I am having with it is the fact that it smokes. I never thought I'd use a grill w/out charcoal, but in good ol florida, I have to bbq 10' from the apt bldg, which puts me out on the sidewalk, which means I have to bbq in the grass where !**holes walk thier dogs and don't clean up after them and not to mention the bugs. Can you tell I hate Florida... Anyhow, this grill is excellent, but any tips on experienced users would be appreciated, as there are no indications as to the amount of heat required for foods, and I am experimenting now.
Thanks.
B.

I have that same grill, but I can't stand mine. I used it two or three times and now it just sits in its box in my basement LOL. I don't think there is any way around the smoking problem. This will generally happen with any sort of grill like that. Your best bet is to use it close to an exhaust vent with a window open.

That little well that you can put water in, try putting other things in too. Other liquids (non alcoholic) and also herbs and things like garlic. Have fun with your new toy :)

I also had this grill, it workd pretty good, the only pain came when you had to clean it. Soeaking it in water helped afterwards. Also I lined the bottom of mine with foil.

Back
Top Bottom