Info on ovens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are looking into a new oven and cook top..I'd like an opinion on the Miele,Viking and Wolfe..If you have one of these how do you feel about it..I'm leaning toward the Viking but!!! Pro's and Cons..as I haven't a clue as to which one is the better oven and cook top.
kadesma:)

Miss CJ....

I have a Viking free standing 6 burner. It is about 8 years old, and over-all I have been very pleased with it. It is a mean mo-chine. However, on the down side, I have had to replace the electronic igniters for the oven two times, and the last time I replaced the stove burners themselves, not because they really needed it, but they were showing alot of wear. I feel, that our use is way above average for a home stove. I have done all of the replacements myself, because service is poor in my area. Not completlely a Viking issue, but rather more of where I live. I would however have to catagorize their service as lacking, especially when you consider they make the darn things a little over two hours north of me. If I ever replace this stove, I would consider a gas cook top, and an electric oven. I've never owned a Wolf, but hear great things about them. I believe they are both good appliances. The other brand you mention I have no knowledge of....Hope this helps!

Take Care of yourself!!

Thanks UB,
will think and look long and hard before making a buy.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom