Instant Pot pressure cooker, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now you guys just cut it out! I have enough CPs to make Martha Stewart jealous, along with a rice cooker and a Nesco.

Yeah, I need another appliance. Not. But I really want an IP.

Now you guys just cut it out! I have enough CPs to make Martha Stewart jealous, along with a rice cooker and a Nesco.

Yeah, I need another appliance. Not. But I really want an IP.

Come on over to the delicious side! :yum: Give away the rice cooker and a crock pot to make room :angel:

You are not being helpful, GG.

Does it wash windows and vacuum? Dagnabit. I'm very interested.

Last edited:
The IP side is calling your name. Dawwwwgyyyy....Dawwwgyyy!!!??

G'G's right you don't need all those cp's and rice cooker. Say bye to the Nesco... Unlike Martha, we won't let you do jail time.:ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

"What IP?.

Dishwasher safe, don't even bother pre rinsing.
I hear potato salad is killer made from an IP...:yum:

See you sooooonnnn.:D

Munky Badger.

You should see the Instant Pot Community group on Facebook. Serious cult members there. Promise me you will never try to make a ribeye in it :rolleyes:

Here I am back to a long term hotel stay and one of these would be perfect for me. Having one would help me get by with the two burners the kitchen has.

I broke down and ordered it today.
I just went to the site to bookmark it and see if they ship to Canada. They do ship to Canada. But, it looks like you got the last one. They don't have any in stock. :ohmy: :(

Be sure to let us know how you like it, once you have had a chance to play with it.

Did you get the one with hot and cold smoking? Do they deliver to Canada?
Yes, that is the one I ordered. I don't know about delivering to Canada, but I will be leaving here on the 15th. I have nothing to declare and could carry it "on board" and then send it to you guys from Ottawa. PM me if you want to do that to get the address.

I have an off brand electric pressure cooker that has a lot of the features that the Instant Pot does, and I absolutely love it, I use it often.

Stuff that you would braise in a crockpot can be done after work in a pressure cooker. I've done whole chickens, split breasts, tomato ragu, pot roast, cube steak etc.. and all have come out terrific. My mom has an electric pressure cooker that she got as a gift, she hasn't used it much, but every time I visit, I cook something in it. She was amazed at how good cubed steak came out in it.

If this cooker were to die, I'd order a new one the same day!

Yes, that is the one I ordered. I don't know about delivering to Canada, but I will be leaving here on the 15th. I have nothing to declare and could carry it "on board" and then send it to you guys from Ottawa. PM me if you want to do that to get the address.
Thanks, but I haven't decided yet and I guess you didn't see this post:

I just went to the site to bookmark it and see if they ship to Canada. They do ship to Canada. But, it looks like you got the last one. They don't have any in stock. :ohmy: :(

Be sure to let us know how you like it, once you have had a chance to play with it.

GG and whoever else has this pot. How do you clean the silicone sealing gasket and remove the funky odors? I've seen mentioned that vinegar and baking soda doesn't really work. Someone mentioned lemon oil. How do you remove the smell? Mine is already smelling of pot roast. I really don't want pot roast flavored yogurt.

I bought an extra gasket to use for sweet or neutral dishes. I keep it in a gallon-size bag marked "for sweets." One thing that helps is to store the lid upside down so the ring is exposed to the air.

I bought an extra gasket to use for sweet or neutral dishes. I keep it in a gallon-size bag marked "for sweets." One thing that helps is to store the lid upside down so the ring is exposed to the air.

At the moment I store it in the box it came in. I tried leaving it open and my cats climb in. And when I leave it closed on the counter they lay on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom