ISO advice on cookware on sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chilichip

Senior Cook
JC penney has a sale on their cook ware and how do you rate the the product?
what do you think of the Emerilware ,It would be nice if I could afford all-clad
,my old set of pots and pan are in sorry shape they are T-Fal non-stick and I just want a new set, maybe slowly buy all-clad.

Just thinking;)

thanks

You can get All-Clad quality without paying All-Clad prices. Le Gourment Chef and Costco, just to name two places, have tri-ply stainless pots and pans at about 1/3 the cost of All-Clad.

To answer your question about Emerilware, it just has an aluminium encapsulated bottom, and you can also buy that style cookware, under different brand names, at a lower price. Anything endorsed is going to cost you more, because the manufdacturer pays for that endorsement.

Caine said:
You can get All-Clad quality without paying All-Clad prices. Le Gourment Chef and Costco, just to name two places, have tri-ply stainless pots and pans at about 1/3 the cost of All-Clad.

I have several LeGourmet Chef pieces and they work well with no problems.

I think different Costco locations have different inventories. I haven't seen tri-ply cookware in my local Costcos for 6-7 years (Since I bought my Costco tri-ply set). They have a variety of disk bottom stainless and anodized aluminum stuff.

BJs and Sam's often have very good stuff as well.

Check out TJ Maxx.

The Store I was in yesterday had many good pieces at bargain prices.

I have four of Sam's house brand love them ,but the non- stick is already
peeling ,

chilichip said:
I have four of Sam's house brand love them ,but the non- stick is already
peeling ,

Did anyone mention non-stick? I don't remember saying anything about non-stick.

Get the tri-ply stainless steel, bare! As far as I'm concerned, you only need two non-stick pans; One 8-inch frying pan for cooking eggs, and one 10-inch frying pan for cooking eggs for yourself AND a guest.

Aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat. A thick aluminum pot/pan will heat up well and evenly distribute heat throughout. As long as it is anodized or otherwise coated to keep the raw aluminum from coming in contact with the food. Manufacturers of anodized cookware recommed hand washing as dishwashers can compromise the anodized surface, exposing the raw aluminum beneath.

I like the combination of SS and aluminum in the form of a tri-ply pan that combines the benefits of both metals.

I've got the tri-ply put out by Sam's, I've had it for years now and it's great. Cooks well and cleans up beautifully and it was very affordable. (My teenage kids bought it for me, after numerous hints.)

Back
Top Bottom