ISO comments/feedback on Wolf E-Series Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vraz

Assistant Cook
Was wondering if anyone could share experiences with the Wolf E-Series Oven. My Amana Convection oven died last week after only 3 years, though not a huge tragedy as we disliked it (slow to heat, didn't bake very well, etc). The Wolf E-Series appears to be a perfect replacement fit and we like the styling. Plus, we already have a 36" Wolf rangetop which we love.

Given the Wolf would cost about 4X the Amana, would be great to hear any first-hand experiences with it. While multiple dealers have them to show, nobody seems to have one wired up for some reason. Am pressed for time with Thanksgiving coming.

Thanks!

For anyone else looking for information on this oven, we went ahead and purchased one and though I would share our experience so far.

After pulling the old oven, I found the prior installers used a Sawzall to remove the back of the cabinet with a lack of precision that turned my stomach. Thus, I decided to do the installation myself rather than hire someone who might confuse a crowbar with a cabinet installation tool. As the E-series was deeper than my Amana, I used a chisel and sander to clean up the mess left by the Sawzall and a Dremel to provide some slight reliefs for some screws.

Biggest installation challenge was the electrical. The online docs say you can place the box in the lower right corner if you have more depth than the oven itself. Thus, I recessed the electrical box into the drywall behind the oven. Turns out they mean you need clearance behind the oven for the conduit to coil up (there is a vertical channel for the conduit on right rear of the oven, but its not enough if the box is within the opening). I ended up pulling out the warming drawer below my oven, installing the box down there and fishing the conduit down. It turned out to be a good method and I would recommend anyone else doing it yourself look for a location below the oven on the right side.

Installation took me a couple afternoons (one in advance when I cleaned up the cabinet opening and (mis)installed the electrical box and another to actually install the oven). Fit and finish were excellent. Because of how my cabinets are set (trim strips come out 3/4" on either side), the oven has a very flush look (though I did use the face trim). Took a couple minutes to program the clock, set the backlight, etc-- all very straightforward.

The biggest immediate differences with our old Amana were:

1- The door is of excellent quality. When you open the door, it stays to whatever position until you move it. It also seals extremely well and keeps the heat it.

2- It preheats quite fast.

3- Clean easy to read display panel with relevant information, but not cluttered.

4- The oven vents excess heat from just under the door. By contrast, the stupid Amana door didn't real fit right (apparently by design) and let heat exit through the top.

5- The oven seems to hold temperature very well.

6- The internal lighting is excellent.

Only having it for a couple weeks, our experience with it is somewhat limited. We did a turkey roll for Thanksgiving using bake and the probe. It nailed the doneness. If doing it again, might try a different mode to get a little more skin crispness.

Baking projects have given uniform results and nice brownness. Biggest thing we need to be careful about is doneness. As the old oven leaked heat and didn't hold temperature well, the biggest problem was undercooking. With the E-Series, you get whatever heat you ask for and if you leave something in too long, it will overcook.

So far, no problems or negatives to report. We are very happy with the purchase and look forward to doing more cooking with it.

Back
Top Bottom