ISO: Electric Griddle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Dove

Senior Cook
I have a growing family. There's 5 of us now and a 6th on the way (3 growing boys). Breakfast is sometimes a very slow process cooking in a frying pan. I'm seriously considering an electric griddle for cooking things like pancakes, bacon, french toast, eggs, etc. It will likely be a great bonus for cooking up 5 grilled cheese at one time too.

Does anyone have a strong recommendation for a good quality griddle? At the moment I don't even really know that I'm looking for other than alot of space to cook on.

I would appreciate some suggestions regarding what models work well and also what features I should be looking for.

Sounds like you need the biggest flat surface you can find. Look for one with a non-stick surface and a temperature control marked like an oven dial - in degrees F. A trough around the outside edge to catch grease is also good to have.

There are several combo products such as the George Foreman or Cuisinart products but they are much too small for your needs. I think you need a dedicated flat griddle.

Rival products are very reliable.
Here's a link Rival Products. Great kitchen products, recipes, and more from Jarden Consumer Solutions.

You might like the electric skillets more.They are certainly less expensive,and more versatile the the electric griddle alone.

I have a huge Rival electric skillet.It's a larger capacity then the griddles.That's important to you and me.They can also do the same job as a griddle.Temperature control,no skid legs.The handles are very sturdy.I've had mine 10 years,and still haven't had to tighten them up.I use it often.
The nonstick coating is good quality,hard to scratch,(still use the right utensils for it).
It's safer to use around kids,you can cover it with the lid should they come in and around it.

Every griddle I've ever owned had a problem with sliding on the counter,they were too light.Grease trays were something else I had to clean up.

You can cook up to 6 sammiches,french toast pieces,many eggs,you name it,it can be done in less time then the griddle...

Good luck

Munky.

Is there such a thing as an electric cast iron skillet? I read that most skillets are aluminum and suffer from terrible heat qualities (hot spots, cold spots, etc).

I guess its too bad that I don't have a gas range. I figure that alot of the the cast iron skillets are designed to be used over a gas cooktop and that would be the best of both worlds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom