ISO Food Processor - Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forty_caliber

Admiral of the Texas Navy
Moderator Emeritus
According to Mrs. 40 it's time to add an electric food processor to our arsenal of kitchen appliances for general use. My budget is >$200

• I want to to slice, dice, chop, grate, and mince various foods.
  • I would probably never need to grind meat, whip cream, or crush ice.

I've narrowed it down to 3 options but would like to hear about your personal experiences with a specific brand or model or other offerings you might like better.

In no particular order:

According to Mrs. 40 it's time to add an electric food processor to our arsenal of kitchen appliances for general use. My budget is >$200

I've narrowed it down to 3 options but would like to hear about your personal experiences with a specific brand or model or other offerings you might like better.

In no particular order:

I prefer the solid bodies on the KA and Cuisinart. I had one like the Braun and it was very hard to clean all the nooks and crannies in case of a spill.

I have Cuisinart and love it, does exactly what I need and I use it for what you have said you will be using it for.

HArd to go wrong with any of these. The Braun doesn't list a bowl size. Assuming it's in the same size range as the others, I'd go with the most versatile one.

Bed, Bath and Beyond sells 14 cup cuisinart for $200 bucks. If you sign up for their mailing you will get 20% off cupon in the mail. The best buy i ever made. I used to have an 11 cup one, but the 14 cups is just so much better.

In no particular order:

That Cuisinart. That's what I have and i love it.

Thanks to all for the responses. Cuisinart it is. Great tip on the 14 cup at BBB. Mrs .40 has a stack of those 20% off coupons.

We have a Braun that looks like the one in your link. After 20 years, it is on its last legs. The spindle is falling apart.

I much prefer my electric meat grinder with vegi attachment for grating and slicing. It's much less clean up and I put a bowl in front of it, so I'm not limited to the size of the bowl of the food processor. It also produces fewer oops-chunks.

One of the reviews I read about the KA mentioned that the liquid capacity was limited due to the spindle height being lower than the rim. Have you had a problem with that?

That would be the exact problem..

Truth be told though I didn't need to make quite that much sauce to begin with.

I have a Cuisinart. I really like it !

I have had various inexpensive FPs over the years, but this was my first really good appiance and I really see the difference !

I have a Robot Coupe. That is the company in France that made the original Cuisinarts before they started having them made in China. I have two of them one large, one small and love them both!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a Cuisinart, I think 12C. I wanted to use it for grating taro, green bananas and other heavy African and Caribbean tubers but it over heats, stops, and slows me down: what is a really good, really *HEAVY DUTY* food processor with good blade options? Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a Cuisinart, I think 12C. I wanted to use it for grating taro, green bananas and other heavy African and Caribbean tubers but it over heats, stops, and slows me down: what is a really good, really *HEAVY DUTY* food processor with good blade options? Thanks.

Howdy and Welcome to DC!

If you have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer you could try the slicer shredder attachment. It's heavy duty. I didn't like the way it sliced potato for gratins so I returned it. Might work for the heavy tubers if you use slower speeds on the mixer.

Heavy Tubers

NICE! and I thank you. I looked it up and saw the demo online
...but

I'm thinking that there's a more powerful machine than KitchenAide. I made a brioche once w/a friend's KitchenAid...suffice it to say he's no longer a friend :ohmy: Doesn't Vulcan or some other company make a counter-top ready, bad-azz, big horsepower processor?

NICE! and I thank you. I looked it up and saw the demo online
...but

I'm thinking that there's a more powerful machine than KitchenAide. I made a brioche once w/a friend's KitchenAid...suffice it to say he's no longer a friend :ohmy: Doesn't Vulcan or some other company make a counter-top ready, bad-azz, big horsepower processor?

Hobart - Only $4800 for the counter top model

Back
Top Bottom