ISO help selecting a turkey roaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeppitbbq

Cook
I want to buy a good turkey roaster. I am thinking of buying a Calphalon Roasting Pan. It comes in steel or nonstick. Which one would you buy or can anyone suggest any other brand to buy that you have tried and liked? Thanks

Make sure it's heavy and has handles.

Nonstick is not as good as SS for creating the fond that makes good gravy. Sometimes you want the food to stick!

So I would opt for SS.

I have a Calphalon that I like fine but have since gotten al All Clad which is incredible but $$.

I really don't think it matters what roaster you use to roast a chicken or turkey. I have those black jobbies with the little white specks, the ones you get at the supermarket or Target for just a few bucks for instance. I have 4 sizes and when I use the biggest one for turkey it comes out beautifully and evenly browned, juicy and very tender. I use the smaller one for chicken - same thing. I spend the summer in my RV in Michigan and because the oven is smaller, I roast chicken in a cast iron skillet. AWESOME!!! It's probably my favorite appliance for so many things especially roasting. I wouldn't worry about spending tons of money on a roaster. It's all in the method and preparation. :cool:

I use an old one I received from my MIL. I believe it was HER MIL's before that. It is an enameled steel. It works great. No name brand on the roaster so can't help you there. I also use the enameled roasters in smaller sizes that I picked up at Wal-Mart for cheap to do meat loaf and beef roasts in. I've not been dissatisfied. There are usually good bits for gravy but it's not hard to clean. They go right in the dishwasher and only once did I have to reclean it (the glaze on a ham burned on to it).

Back
Top Bottom