ISO online consumer reviews (free) on built-in dishwashers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Our dishwasher crapped out for good a few days ago. No big deal really since it's just the two of us. This allows plenty of time for doing homework on which one would be the best for us.

I've done a lot of sleuthing and online looking, along with visiting, today, local sellers of appliances so I can get some idea of what's out there.

I have narrowed it down to a Maytag model but I would like to see some customer comments. Haven't been able to find an Internet site that helps

Hoping someone here at DC can help me find what I've not been successful finding on my own.

I just checked Consumer Reports, and if you trust them, it might be worthwhile to get a subscription for as short a time as possible. Looking at the range of prices and ratings, which don't necessarily correlate, I think it might be helpful.

Katie, just type the model number into the google search window and add "ratings" or "Reviews"

...I have narrowed it down to a Maytag model but I would like to see some customer comments. Haven't been able to find an Internet site that helps...
I googled "maytag dishwasher reviews" and got a list of almost half a million in just a half second. :wacko: None of them are helpful?

You could try the same phrase, but add the model number for the unit you're interested in at the end. That should narrow the search.

Good luck!

I just checked Consumer Reports, and if you trust them, it might be worthwhile to get a subscription for as short a time as possible. Looking at the range of prices and ratings, which don't necessarily correlate, I think it might be helpful.

Or you could help her to read pages from your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Katie I just replaced mine (myself not a big deal). I bought the next to top option for Whirlpool at Lowe's. The one thing I did not research, and I wish I did, was how well it dries the dishes. The fuller my unit is the more water left around, especially on silverware. it seems to clean fine though. If sound is an issue, there is a big difference in the amount of insulation and type on the better models. Make sure that your supply hose is braided Stainless steel, you will be happy you paid the extra $$ for it.

Katie, When I had my house built 3 years ago, I went with Maytag dishwasher, gas range and refrigerator. The dishwasher model was MDB8959SBS for $750. It is very quiet.

Thanks one and all. I finally came across a site that had quite a few reviews for the model we're interested in.

Not really concerned about loud/quiet part so that really isn't part of the equation.

We do want a white one and it seems as though everything is some sort of stainless or black. One salesperson told me that in the future there'll probably be a charge for white. Mostly because it's so rarely chosen.

Don't need lots of bells and whistles and I was able to download the instruction booklet for it to get a more complete idea to make a better decision.

Back
Top Bottom