KA Pro 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russell

Senior Cook
I just got mine for christmas. i dont know if it says this in the user manual (i dont read those, i know it's good too, but i dont) but it is sort of loud. is that normal.

what do you mean by loud??? does it sound unusual??? is it on a solid surface??? Have you had it "loaded" with flour etc etc....if you can describe what you mean someone will be able to guide you.Pst 8)

it stopped making the noise now. I don't know what it was, though. It might have been because it was new and it needed to be broken in, but i don;t know

Try running it with nothing in the bowl with your paddle attachment. Look and see if the paddle is rubbing the bottom of the bowl. When I first got mine it was and I had to adjust it slightly to stop the rubbing. There are directions in the manual on how to do this. If this is the problem and you have any more questions, just let me know!

IMHO - from my experiences working tech support - take the time to read the fine manual (RTFM) that they went to the trouble to write. With your KA 6 Pro, if your manual is like mine, that only needs to be pages 7-14 and should take you less than 5 minutes.

I will agree that KA's instruction to unplug the mixer before you do anything is excessive ... but it is a safety thing so that if you stick your fingers in the paddle and turn it on - it's not their fault.

There are really only two places for it to make noise. One is the motor - turn it on without the bowl or any attachment and see if it makes the noise. It it doesn't - attach the bowl and the flat beater and turn it on to speed 1 - and watch and listen as the beater goes around the bowl. If it makes the noise all the time then you probably need to refer to page 10 - "Bowl To Beater Clearance" for instruction on how to adjust it. If it only makes the noise when the beater is at the back side of the bowl ... you need to refer to "To Attach Bowl" step #4 on page 7.

Unless your KA has a real problem - I'm betting the bowl wasn't seated properly.

Hi Mig....I think has the best reply about the "bowl to beater clearance"...
was a late night last night I should have told you that as I have had to adjust many of them as they go out of my stores....try it and let us know if that is the problem...Pst 8)

Back
Top Bottom