KA Problem, Dilemma, Aargh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we have a DLX dealer!

Actually, I sell used restaurant equipment. Nice attempt to attack my credibility though.

Did you think that would make it seem like your baseless characterization of the DLX was true? Or was it that you thought the accusation would distract people from the fact that you're just making things up about the DLX?

Actually, I sell used restaurant equipment. Nice attempt to attack my credibility though.

Did you think that would make it seem like your baseless characterization of the DLX was true? Or was it that you thought the accusation would distract people from the fact that you're just making things up about the DLX?

How about giving us the skinny on Hobart stuff and what kinds of accessories are available for a #10 taper?

I'm not too enthused about having to lay a machine on it side to grate nuts and cheese and the Electrolux dough hook ain't exactly a work of art.

How about giving us the skinny on Hobart stuff and what kinds of accessories are available for a #10 taper?

I'm not too enthused about having to lay a machine on it side to grate nuts and cheese and the Electrolux dough hook ain't exactly a work of art.

With a number 10 hub hobart you can use ALL of the new or vintage hub kitchenaid attachments from the pelican head slicer to the pea sheller without a problem!

Sorry Russ, but I just can't see the DLX as being a commercial mixer.

With a number 10 hub hobart you can use ALL of the new or vintage hub kitchenaid attachments from the pelican head slicer to the pea sheller without a problem!

Thanks for the info. I was so preoccupied with the scant 7/16” square drive on KA accessories that I didn’t notice the taper of the accessories’ drive shaft tubes.

Are you making things up again, Leolady? I never said anything about the DLX being commercial.

Sorry you misunderstood me.

I was referring to my litmus test of mixer durability.

If it is worthy of being a commercial mixer, it is durable enough for heavy duty home use without worry.

Kenwood 5.25 pound max bread capacity?

img_715911_0_93abdb0d54666ef044474f5a25271791.jpg

KA is not what it was years ago , my five quart is okay for small stuff ,but the meat grinder is a joke-- the shredder slicer got used just once -it isn't even usable in practice. I have a 12 quart Hobart - I really can do very small amounts well , plus five pounds of fresh whole wheat flour doesn't strain it . that's about 10 one pound + loaves. about 120 butter tarts at a time without getting messy. The meat grinder for it is truely well made and the machine is built to power it . you could buy it and never have to buy another , mine is over 20 years old . And by the way while running top speed you can expect to have a quiet conversation going on- You will want to holler over the KA at top screach-Gage

KA is not what it was years ago , my five quart is okay for small stuff ,but the meat grinder is a joke-- the shredder slicer got used just once -it isn't even usable in practice. I have a 12 quart Hobart - I really can do very small amounts well , plus five pounds of fresh whole wheat flour doesn't strain it . that's about 10 one pound + loaves. about 120 butter tarts at a time without getting messy. The meat grinder for it is truely well made and the machine is built to power it . you could buy it and never have to buy another , mine is over 20 years old . And by the way while running top speed you can expect to have a quiet conversation going on- You will want to holler over the KA at top screach-Gage
Sounds like a great machine. But living in a small house and not wanting to risk having to go on food stamps, I don't think a 12 quart Hobart is practical for me.

Bet you could find a great used one at a good price , many small bakeries and food services have to go for newer ones with safety shields and such-- Do you have KENWOOD or Bosch where you are ?? Also if your interests or lifsyle changes you will mostly recoup your purchase price , you make money when you buy not when you sell. Gage

Good used small Hobart mixers are a dime a dozen at used restaurant supply stores.

I could buy one in a heart beat [12qt] and not pay more than 200.00.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom