K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Does anyone have this machine? If so, is it performing up to your standards?
Do you find that it does everything as promised?

What are you likes or dislikes about the machine? Is it the best one you've ever owned as far as food processors go? Does it perform better than Cuisinart? Has it ever let you down at all?:ermm:

The reason that I'm asking those questions is because I've just ordered one from Cooking.com. My other two machines (Cuisinart and Robot Coupe) are beginning to act up (I've had them both for over 20 years). On the Cuisinart, the work bowl cover is sometimes extremely hard to lock on and to replace it, it would cost too much money.

The Robot Coupe machine is beginning to squeak (sounds like the motor bearings might be going south).

This machine is a very heavy duty industrial-type processor with a whopping 1,000-watt (1-1/4 hp) induction motor, the most powerful one featured in a home food processor to date, has the widest feed tube in the industry and comes with two smaller bowls that fit into the regular one for use when chopping small amounts of stuff like fresh herbs, salsa and the like. It also comes with a slicing and shredding disk. Its normal capacity is a whopping 16 cups. And it has a dark gray an all-metal base!!

It is rated for constant non-stop small restaurant, or small catering use - the kind of use that superceeds normal household use. I figured that since another machine was neeeded, that I might just as well just go on and get a very heavy-duty industrial-type one that can stand up to roughhouse everyday normal use.

Cuisinart still has the large DLC-XP - also an industrial-type machine, but they want $800.00 for one!! The K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor costs less than half of that at Cooking.com. It's on sale there for only $450.00 plus shipping.

Even the DLC-XP - Cuisinart's largest machine (20 cups), its motor is only 780 watts!! The K'Aid Pearl Metallic processor has the most powerful motor ever.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Seems like overkill for the home user. Especially since the two you have now have lasted 20 years and cost maybe a third of the price or less.

I have a KA Professional 670... bought new 4 or 5 years ago for $233, and they threw in a KA 10" stainless saute pan as a bonus. The Pro 670 also came with 2 smaller bowls, juicer, all the blades. Been good for us so far... :ROFLMAO:

I was going to order the next one down, but then I thought to myeslf; "Hey,
I might just as well go for the professional top-of-the-line food processor, and it might as well be a K'Aid, since I've had such good luck with two of their stand mixers!!

And speaking of overkill, Andy, yes, I believe that this machine would put me into overkill - since it can also be used in small commercial food service as well. I wonder if it's NSF-rated at that.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Sometime back I was interested in finding the best KitchenAid mixer to buy and ChocolatChef advised me on purchasing an older model.....Hobart KitchenAid 4.5. I absolutely love it. It works beautifully and looks gorgeous on my counter. I found mine on Ebay. It was like new when I got it.

I've own the Hobart-made K'Aid 45SS for almost a whopping twenty years now, and it's still going strong!! That's dependability!

~Corey123.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom