Kitchen Aid, Getting it fixed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Well my mixer had a break down a while back; I was mixing a dough and was in the kneading process. After about 5 minutes I could hear metal grinding. Turned it off, but the damage had been done.
My next step was to search repairs on youtube. What I found seemed simple enough to do the repair myself. Once I got into it, this is what I found: (pic)
39817-albums933-picture5558.jpg

Any way I went online to find the part (planetary) searching for the cheapest price.
Now here is some advice if you decide to repair your own mixer yourself.
I , of course called KA first and told them of my problem. I asked to speak to a tech. They had no one to help. She asked if it was still covered by a warranty, I said no it was 10 yrs old. When I told her I had taken the cover off, well that was it! They would not have anything to do with it. If I sent it to them to do the repair, they would not accept it.
So if any of you decide to take it apart do not tell them!
Any way I found a site online www.mendingshed.com which had all the parts I needed at the best prices.
I also had other problems after replacing the planetary and they walked me through it. I did have to replace the sensor board because it lost power.
All and all, its back running.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom