Kitchen aid taking all of my money (coffee grinder)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahains

Assistant Cook
They got me for a mixer from Costco last week, and now I just ordered a beautiful coffee grinder from them.

I have a good burr grinder for my espresso machine at work, but only a blade grinder for home.

I saw this great deal and knew it was time to upgrade at home WOOT! :D
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mes...eadid=677382&highlight_key=y&keyword1=grinder

Since You get $25 off of $125 or more, I also got two silicone sheets for baking cookies and some miscelaneous stuff. :)

Come join me in the poor house and let's make an awesome cup of coffee ;)

Gretchen said:
Costco has Cuisinart burr grinders for $29.95. They are very cute.

My very first burr grinder was this very model, I'm always looking for the best deal so I was hoping I could avoid all of the expensive burr grinders I saw. Unfortunately, the one from Costco produced a very inconsistent grind in my experience. I can get that from my $10 whirly blade grinder. :)

I took apart the Costco one (I'm not 100% certain it was a Cuisinart or if they were selling a different one at the time) and found that the burrs looked very cheap and put together with low tolerances. You can see some pictures of what good burrs look like here. IIRC the Costco one had the style that has the two square protrusions like the top one pictured.

I don't mean to diminish anyones choice to get a cheap burr grinder, rather I'm just trying to point out the significant value of something a (big) step up like this KA. I really enjoy my morning drip coffee with even just a blade grinder, so at the KA price tag I can certainly understand anyone passing that is already enjoying their brew! :)

FWIW, I roast my own coffee from green beans so I would probably label myself a coffee snob ;)

boufa06 said:
More like a gourmet coffee connoisseur!

We also roast our own coffee - with a Swissmar Alpenroast drum roaster. We spend a great deal of time selecting beans, roast times, playing with blends and flavor profiles. We grind with a Solis Maestro, brew in a Chemex (when we move back on land we're going to get a Technivorm to brew our coffee). DH and I just consider ourselves passionate coffee lovers! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom