KitchenAid Artisan 5-quart **or** KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus 5?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishamingo

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I am considering in investing in a good stand mixer and I've heard a lot of good things about KitchenAid. Currently, I am debating between two types of KitchenAid mixers: the Artisan 5-quart stand mixer and the Professional 5 plus series (5 quart as well).

The Artisan is going for $261 + free shipping on Amazon.com in Cobalt Blue color. [original price is $349]
The Professional is going for $242 + free shipping on Amazon.com in Chrome color. [original price is $419]

I am wondering which type of mixer I should get. Value-wise, I think the Professional is a better deal. Popularity-wise, the Artisan wins by far. I am looking for your opinion in this issue. Please give me some pros/cons and personal reviews of these two mixers!

A little about what I want to do with the stand mixer: I am looking for a regular at-home mixer that is used mostly for baking cakes/cookies/breads in regular loads (i.e. not baking 6 batches of cookies in a setting - more like 1 or 2 batches). I don't believe I will be using the mixer for very heavy-duty jobs like kneading two loaves of bread at a time.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you all in advance! (I'm new here, by the way :))

It really is a matter of preference - do you want the tilt-head or bowl lift? Some people like one more than the other. I, personally, like the bowl lift (I have an old Pro-6) and my DIL likes the tilt-head Artisan design.

Hi... I have the newer KA 600 Pro... I LOVE the danged thing. I can do double batches of cookies, bread dough, what ever I knead to. Which is handy, since I'm lugging it with me as I'm off to culinary school...

I really love the tilt head mixer, as opposed to the bowl lift, I have used both extensively (former roommate had a pro model). Changing from beater to hook is much easier, and you don't have to remove the paddle or hook to remove the bowl with a tilt head.

I don't think that you can lose with either one. I have had an Ultra Power for 15-16 years now and use it heavily, it is a work horse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom