Kitchenaid Mixer...highly recommended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too love my Kitchenaid and have had it for about 30 years.

My friend just got one recently and she got two bowls with hers, a 4 1/2 qt and a 5 qt size. Both of her bowls have handles so being the good friend that she is, traded the 4 1/2 qt with me, so now I have one with a handle too. It makes it so much easier to hold, especially since I'm getting older and the arthritis is setting in. (this getting older is no fun)
However, one thing I did notice is that the quality of the ss bowl is not the same. My old one is much heavier than the newer one.

I did see a review recently and someone had mentioned that the head that tips back is more convenient to use, rather than the 'lift' machine (an all along I had been coveting the 'lift' style) :LOL:

macsc

Oh, KitchenAid is just the best! I'd never go back to anything else, either, although I do wish I could afford the "luxury" model, myself... :cry:

kitchen aid mixer

i bought my kitchen aid mixer about a year ago and just love it. it's the basic white, cheapest of the bunch, but that's really all i need. i did however see the creme de la creme at williams-sonoma; a decked out polished COPPER mixer. i looked at the price tag ($500 :shock:) and my husband told me to keep walking, lol.

Regarding the Kitchenaid mixers....

You mean you can actually BUY one of their mixers with the bowl lift AND the tilt head? When I called them they told me it was either one or the other. I wanted a larger bowl so I was more interested in the bowl lift but the rep at Kitchenaid told me some people didn't like the way the attachments had to be changed since the head didn't tilt back. I began looking at the Delonghi's, which has a 7 quart bowl, and a tilting head. I'm tend to *quadruple* many cookie recipes javascript:emoticon(':roll:') and REALLY want a large bowl. Does anyone know anything about the Delonghi and how it compares to Kitchenaid?

Hi metejt,

I don't know a thing about it. I have never seen a kitchen aid where the head tilted AND the bowl lifted!! I have the bowl lift but really wish I had the tilt head. I'm not sure why, probably because that's what I DON'T have! :P

Hi Kitchenelf......regarding the kitchen aid.........

I only asked because I saw a previous post from someone saying

"I was watching the Martha Stewart show and noticed her mixer what a beaut it was. I decided to go out and buy myself one of these heavy duty mixers and i just want you to all know that it was a really good purchase. Of course she has the top of the line one that the bowl goes up and down as well as the head lifting."

Now, if they made that it would solve all my problems! LOL Well okay, not ALL but it would make this decision a whole lot easier.

Thanks for your help.

Theresa

Mine only tilts back too.

I love it.

Kitchenaid has a wonderful reputation for lasting. Some people have the same one for more than 30 years.

MaryAnne

We have a kitchenaide mixer and the ring approximately 3" diameter has come off. Does anyone know how this ring reattaches. It appears to be a press fit but I can not get it to stay in place.:(

Call Kitchen Aid. They can tell you what it is and probably how to put it back together. You will need to know your model number and be able to explain what ithe ring is/does/where it fits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom