KitchenAid vs Cuisinart Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a KA professional 6qt mixer, and I have a KA food processor as well.

I wouldn't trade my mixer for the world, but the food processor can be interchanged with the Cuisinart with little difference.

Except mine match each other - and that's cool to me!!

I have a KA professional mixer with a stanless steel bowl that locks in place. It does not walk.. It came with a dough hook, mixing blade and whip - all stainless steel - a splater guard and a list of 30 attachments I can buy. The companion KA chopper is the same red and it is perfect for chopping an onion in a consisent size, I also have a KA professional processor that came with three bowels and more attachments than I know how to use. What this bad boy does is process 2# of roast into ground beef in 30 seconds. I threw away 6 other processors; I burnt up the motors trying to process meat. I normally process 10-15# of beef in less than 5 minutes. It doesn't get hot, It doesn't stall, The chute is tall enough I can add meat or liquid while it is processing. It also makes a very extra fine batter for a wedding cake. The mixer and the processor are not plastic. Each has a solid steel body and large heavy duty motor. The pro models cost around $350 each unless they are on sale. I have Cuisanart kitchen tools. I have never used a potato peeler I like as much as it.

I had a six slice Oaster toaster oven that was the cat;s meow. It was heavy with heavy duty elements and cost $80 seven years ago. My spouse dropped it. I also have a kA Coffee Maker. Heavy, well built and never fails.

My father gave me a good piece of advice about tools. Buy the right tool for the right job, take care of it and it will take care of you. KA does.

I don't know how KA service is since they sold out to Whirlpool. Tney had an A+ service department seven years ago. They had a test kitchen and staff that could answer any question you could ask about any appliances old or new. And they had a great stock of older parts and attachments. KA products are like the Energizer Bunny they just keep on going and going and going...... .

Pick a color and a brand and enjoy cooking. Well made appliaces will last a very long time. Do not buy the Sunbeam Mixer. Fifty years ago it was wonderful. Today it is mostly plastic. the motor gets hot, etc.. It walks all over the cabinets. That is why I have a KA. I had an Oskar chopper too, but it did ot hopd up like the KA, either.

If you are going to press a blouse or iron a pillow case. You want Rowena. It can put a crease in a pair of pants as good as any laundry. Mother was a tailor. I learned a lot behind the iron. And it is gentle on rayon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom