KitchenAid vs Cuisinart Appliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgoyal

Assistant Cook
I am working on my registry and I'm trying to decide between KitchenAid or Cuisinart appliances -- like toaster oven, waffel maker, food processor, blender, hand mixer, griller, juicer, etc.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

KitchenAid mixer, unless you can afford a Hobart. Cuisinart food processor. Blender? VitaMix. Juicer...Champion, of course. Just my opinion, of course.

I have both. KitchenAid stand mixer , Cuisinart Food processor , Cuisinart Griddler, Cuisinart Ice cream maker.

I have both. KitchenAid stand mixer , Cuisinart Food processor , Cuisinart Griddler, Cuisinart Ice cream maker.

I have this same combo. Also a Cuisinart toaster oven and coffee maker.

We have a Kitchen Aid 5 speed hand mixer and I don't care for it at all.

I understand the VitaMix is a good product. However, I saw one being demonstrated at Costco today. It was being sold for $394.!!! i don't use a blender a lot and have a Braun I paid less than $50. several years ago. It works great. When it craps out, I'll buy another. I can replace a lot of blenders for $394.

I have a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and love it! I have a KE stand mixer, the 600 Pro model and wouldn't trade it for the world. I currently have a hand me down food processor because I burn them out faster than you can believe - I am trying to decide on which one to get (though I wish I could afford a Robocoup!). As for blender, I want a Vitamix.

I think you really have to shop around, decide what features/price you want and then compare the brands to find the best fit. I wouldn't say that one company makes the best across the board.

KitchenAid mixer, unless you can afford a Hobart. Cuisinart food processor. Blender? VitaMix. Juicer...Champion, of course. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree wholeheartedly with Gadzooks -- but I'd also add a Pasquini espresso maker -- Livia model.

Have no experience with Cuisinart appliances, but I do have a KitchenAid stand mixer that I bought about 30 years ago. Fantastic workhorse. Love, love, love it.

As for blenders, I have an Osterizer I bought in 1967 that has been used and used and used and is still going strong today.

Best wishes on making wise choices.

Kitchenaid for the mixer, obviously.

I've got a darn fine waffle maker from Cuisinart, the Griddler, as well as a soft serve ice cream maker, and they all do their jobs quite well (though I don't tend to use them much).

The only thing I'd wanna point out is not all Kitchenaid mixers are created equal. It's somewhat important *where* the Kitchenaid mixer comes from. If you get one from a place like Macy's or Bed Bath & Beyond and were for some reason to take it apart, you'd find metal fittings and screws, stainless steel internal casing and a better motor. If you take one from a place like Wal-Mart and take it apart, you'll find plastic screws and fittings, pot metal casing, and a less durable motor. The design changes according to what pricing structure the retailer is paying.

I can't imagine too many home cooks who would have the room for or need of a Hobart! The KA mixer was designed to look like a baby Hobart. I love mine. And my Cuisinart food processor is the one electric appliance I would keep if forced to pare down to one only. Would not like to cook without it!

For me a blender is dispensable. I get along fine with my food processor and immersion blender. I've sold off two or three traditional blenders. As for juicers, if you use one daily, you should have a Champion, or the one I have, Omega. The others are mostly lightweight plastic and self-destruct quickly with regular use.

I would be more concerned with the performance of the items than whether or not they "matched" on my countertop.

I have both brands and I've been happy with them and would most like buy the same brand if any of them died.

Except for the stand mixer, which I got in December 2008, all of these gadgets are at least 4 years old, some much older:

• KitchenAid Dishwasher
  • KitchenAid Pro 600 Stand Mixer
  • KitchenAid Immersion Blender
  • Cuisinart PowerPrep Plus Food Processor
  • Cuisinart MiniPrep Food Processor
  • Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven
  • Cuisinart 4-Slice Toaster
  • Cuisinart Coffee Maker

Thank you all so very much for all your advice and suggestions! I'm almost done with my registry -- so excited! :)

If you follow Gadzook's recomendations you will never have to replace a small appliance! He is so right!!!!!!

Kitchenaid for the stand mixer
Kitchenaid for the Food Processor (I have the wide mouth 12 cup, and it comes with a citrus juicer)
Cuisinart Toaster Oven and Coffee Maker & Grinder
WARING Waffle Maker, Deep Fryer and Blender

KitchenAid Artisan KSM150 stand mixer, now this is cool and if you're looking for a true working machine that also looks good, this model is also available in high gloss black or red.

I have a Kitchenaid Stand mixer that is new and is great. I also have a Kitchenaid c-4 which still runs great and was originally made by Hobart. Oster food processor(one of the originals on the market) and a Kitchenaid DW that is between 20 and 25 years old, still runs great and I wouldn't take a million dollars for it.
Thistle

KitchenAid Pro 5 qt mixer
KitchenAid Pro Blender
KitchenAid Pro 14 cup food processor
KitchenAid 9 speed hand mixer
KitchenAid Imersion blender
KitchenAid Waffle Baker
Keurig Coffee Maker
Cuisinart Griddler
Cuisanart Toaster
KitchenAid Diswasher
Electrolux Gas Range
Electrolux Microwave
KitchenAid French Door Refrigerator

They all are fantastic appliances!!!!

I think Kitchenaid has more color options. I admit I also have a Kitchenaid mixer and Cuisinart processor, but I keep looking at the Kitchenaid processor that matches my blue mixer.

Back
Top Bottom