Looking at new grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
I have a Vermont Castings 4 burner stainless grill that is pushing ten years old. It has been great and has never seen the indoors. It is starting to show it's age so I getting the itch for a new one.

Any recommendations?

I am not a big fan of weber and would like to stay under 1k for it. I really like the heavy lid castings on my VC brand. I don't like flimsy.

I don't want a side burner or an infra red burned.

Is another VC now priced out of your range?

My Weber crapped out a couple of years ago and I didn't want to spend for another Weber so I ended up with a Ducane. I bought a smaller 3 burner grill with a stainless steel grate and it works fine. No side or infra red burners. I bought it based on price and size. I didn't want a huge grill on my small deck. I think it was $350. Look here: Ducane Grills

I have the 3100 series in SS.

Last edited:
I've got a Ducane, also. I had to make up some new "flavor bars" from using it so much, the old ones burned through, but I like it.
That said, I would love to see one of these in person to see how well it's made.

I will check out the Ducanes! Thanks!
A new VC grill is probably still in my price range and I will probably get another one unless I come across a better brand.

I am in no hurry!

Back
Top Bottom