Looking for Blender/Smoothie Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milford

Cook
Hi all. Due to my health and recent surgery, I'm looking at making Low Carb Smoothies. My Dr. is willing to go along with it as long as I actually use some vegetables. Right now, I'm all Gung Ho to start. However, I might get bored with this somewhere down the line.
So, I'm looking for a Blender/Smoothie Maker that does not cost a fortune. (Vitamix at $400+ is a little too much for me.) Breville's are around $150-$250. Not much better.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XHXN54K/ref=twister_B019UUD75A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This one I don't mind. Some of the reviews are even good. Anything under $100 I could get without too much pain in case I loose interest.

Any suggestions as to what will work without breaking down from crushed ice or not being able to blend/liquify Kale? Those seem to be the worst problems for any Blender.

Thanks for any help.

I have an oster. I wanted glass and metal for the pitcher and working parts. I found mine on clearance at walmart for $24, usually twice that. I'm not a fan of the accessories that come with blenders. I just wanted the blender. The model you picked out looks good.

I have had a vitamix for over 15 years and love it but in all honesty, most things I blend don't require the size of the blender and getting it out can be a pain. Also, unless you keep the unit on the counter, that bad boy is heavy! A few years ago I got a nutribullet and I swear by it. More powerful than the magic bullet, the perfect size for smoothies and so easy to clean. In the past year or so they have come out with more powerful motors (nutribullet RX) and when I need to replace it I may upgrade.
I love the grain blade for making powered sugar out of granulated. I make peanut butter, almond butter and coconut butter in less than a minute. I still love my Vitamix but use it now only a few times a year because the nutribullet is easier to use, easier to clean and takes up a lot less room on the counter.
Even the newer more powerful models are a fraction of the cost compared to the vitamix.
Hope this helps.

Our blender went out last week and we haven't replaced it. I wanted a strawberry shake, so I put the stuff in a glass and used our immersion blender. Worked great.:)

Back
Top Bottom