Looking for Modern Living Bread Maker MLBM10 Manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeamBourkey

Assistant Cook
Hey Guys,

The Mother In Law just dug out her old Bread Maker. Unfortunately the Manual/Recipe Book is missing. By any chance does anyone on here have one?

I've searched Google and can not find anything.

How important is using the correct manual? I'm thinking of just trying a few recipes and hoping for the best.

Cheers MB

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

I think that since bread-making is a pretty standard process, any bread machine recipe should work. The ingredients aren't expensive, so I would go ahead and try some out. Let us know if you have more questions.

Manual's not that important. They do have bread machine cook books that are very generic. Only thing important is order of ingredients. If the bread pan has a hole for the paddle shaft and seals with a rubber grommet then dry ingredients go in first. If the pan has a shaft thru it for the paddle, then liquid ingredients first.

Manual's not that important. They do have bread machine cook books that are very generic. Only thing important is order of ingredients. If the bread pan has a hole for the paddle shaft and seals with a rubber grommet then dry ingredients go in first. If the pan has a shaft thru it for the paddle, then liquid ingredients first.

The manual for ours said only worry about the order of adding the ingredients if using the delay timer. In general it doesn't matter what order ingredients are put in the machine because it gets mixed immediately.

I would use the order listed in the recipe you're using. If you put in the water and the yeast together, it will start reacting right away. If it takes you a while to get the rest of the ingredients together, it might not work the way it should. I'm pretty good about getting all of my ingredients and tools out before I start, but not everyone is like me ;)

A couple of tips:
- after it mixes for a few minutes, check to make sure it's got enough water or flour. Depending on the humidity, you may need to add a bit of one or the other to get everything incorporated. Just a tablespoon at a time till it comes together.
- if necessary, use a spatula to gently move extra flour from the corners to the dough ball. Once the dough ball comes together, you can leave a alone.

Last edited:
I would use the order listed in the recipe you're using. If you put in the water and the yeast together, it will start reacting right away. If it takes you a while to get the rest of the ingredients together, it might not work the way it should. I'm pretty good about getting all of my ingredients and tools out before I start, but not everyone is like me ;)

A couple of tips:
- after it mixes for a few minutes, check to make sure it's got enough water or flour. Depending on the humidity, you may need to add a bit of one or the other to get everything incorporated. Just a tablespoon at a time till it comes together.
- if necessary, use a spatula to gently move extra flour from the corners to the dough ball. Once the dough ball comes together, you can leave a alone.

There's nothing wrong with proofing the yeast before mixing. I usually do that when making bread outside of the machine unless I start by fermenting some flour in a poolish or biga. That assures me that my yeast is still active and healthy without wasting a lot of other ingredients when the dough doesn't rise.

I usually use one cup of the required water heated to 110°F, add about a half teaspoon of sugar (that gives the yeast something to feed on, but it won't flavor the bread or significantly change the calorie count), then add the yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should get creamy and start to foam a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom