My New Pressure Cooker..question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I just had my new "three in one" electric pressure cooker delivered. I'm a kid with yet another new toy...take a look.

NESCO® American Harvest - Buy Online!

I also got "Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes" to go with it, but I'm looking to hear about your favorite meals/recipes.

Steve will return home Sunday after his Florida visit with his 99 yr old Mom, and I'd love to surprise him with an outstanding meal from the new cooker.
I had an old "time bomb" thirty years ago and the most I remember about it was the fear. :ohmy: It's a whole new world for me now. :yum:

So what are your favorites?

Last edited:
I bought a second hand electric about 6 months ago as I only remembered using mums old time bomb too. It is awesome, I did a pot roast in it last night but I way overlooked it donut tastes yummy but is tough. I did 1 hour 15 for a 2.6kg piece of meat as per googled instructions. Would only do 75 mins next time. But I now buy the cheapest scraggiest meat chuck it in with some veg n spices and 20-30 minutes later a yummy n delish meal is ready. I do chickpeas n lentils and made my ian baked beans mmmmmmmm. I'm so in love with it I intend to upgrade to a better model someday which I can adjust the pressure on a bit more. The electric is also great cause you can leave it and when it's done it goes into warm mode and release the pressure. So convenient forget slow cookers I'll use my fast one every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had my new "three in one" electric pressure cooker delivered. I'm a kid with yet another new toy...take a look.

I also got "Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes" to go with it, but I'm looking to hear about your favorite meals/recipes.

Steve will return home Sunday after his Florida visit with his 99 yr old Mom, and I'd love to surprise him with an outstanding meal from the new cooker.
I had an old "time bomb" thirty years ago and the most I remember about it was the fear. :ohmy: It's a whole new world for me now. :yum:

Mmmmm...corned beef and cabbage. Do the beef first 30 minutes at pressure, release pressure add in your carrots, onions and potatoes, cook another 10 minutes at pressure. Release pressure, top with the cabbage, bring back up to pressure and then release. Your cabbage will still be green and not gray.

I like to do my pulled pork shoulder in the cooker, too!

I have a pressure cooker, but I rarely think about using it. I probably should. It really does speed things up. Beans are about the only thing I've ever used it for.

My grandmother had one of the old time bombs, too. Her specialty was pork hocks and sauerkraut. I may have to dredge up her recipe.

Mmmmm...corned beef and cabbage. Do the beef first 30 minutes at pressure, release pressure add in your carrots, onions and potatoes, cook another 10 minutes at pressure. Release pressure, top with the cabbage, bring back up to pressure and then release. Your cabbage will still be green and not gray.

I like to do my pulled pork shoulder in the cooker, too!
i love my pressure cooker! these are from my post"in praise of pressure cookers"
irish stew(a taste from my childhood-bolas & i still reminisce about it) neck end of lamb(lots of bone,lots of fat=lots of flavour),big chunks of potato,carrot & onion,chicken stock,salt,lots of ground black pepper & if you want to be cheffy some fresh thyme too.
cheats souvlaki(well it tastes a bit like it!) thick cut pork shoulder steaks,lemon juice,chopped garlic,greek oregano,chopped parsley,olive oil,red wine vinegar,salt,ground black pepper,chicken stock
don't use the word "bomb" around P/Fiona,hers DO explode:ROFLMAO:!

Back
Top Bottom