Need A Recommendation - air fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My daughter asked me, "Do you know anything about air fryers?".

I don't know much about air fryers, but I know where I can get good info.

I need a recommendation for a good air fryer that's easy to use.

It's for a family of three. DD, SIL and my grandson.

Any thoughts?

I am a fan of Instant Brand products.

I had their Vortex Pro and now have their Omni Plus. Both are very good, imo.

Whatever your daughter might choose, I'd recommend watching Lana Under Pressure air fryer videos.

This one, for new users, compares the IB air fryers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8vygjoEmE&list=PLWWelht0v1OjvDwDqSembuiKh51DFqTZS&index=9

Also. Though its just Jeannie and me, daily, I also cook often for daughter & SIL too.

P.S. This is a very helpful FB page for A/F users.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/InstantVortexPlusAirFryer/

Ross

Last edited:
This is very interesting.
With this move coming up, although I do have kitchen privileges, I also want to be able to make simple meals for myself when I'm grumpy and not good company.

Trying to figure out just WHAT I need for those times. Aside from my coffee machine, I need a small fridge for milk, etc. There are micro wave/oven combinations now.

But I have to wait until after I've moved in to see eactly what space I have.

So many new things to consider!

Dragn, our toaster oven died recently and we replaced it with this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ninja-DT...en-Large-Countertop-Convection-Oven/442307294
We've used it for toasting bread, air-frying frozen breaded fish and chips, baking a quick bread and a meatloaf, etc. It works great and comes with a small cookbook and a few pans. I found that several of my own pans fit in it, too.

If not this model, something similar might be something to consider.
Promotional material
2021-02-05-14-16-42.jpg

Promotional material
2021-02-05-14-15-51.jpg

Dinner rolls
20210214_184551.jpg

Perfect toast
20210208_130055.jpg

My muffin pan fits! [emoji16]
20210207_111033.jpg

Last edited:
We bought a very nice air fryer that is much more than an air fryer.
Trouble is, its complicated to use. The mode selections are wide and varied. But if you want an air fryer that can do multiple jobs, this one will.

https://www.costco.com/cuisinart-digital-airfryer-toaster-oven.product.100600123.html

If I were to do this over again, I would get one with spring timer knobs instead of a list of functions I may not ever use.
It is worth a look. It might be for you.

Thank you all for taking the time to help.
Hey Andy…

One more thing you might want to have a look at is ATK's recommendation of air fryers as I have pretty much respected their results on hardware over the years…

https://youtu.be/3uvFt7Jv3uM

While I no longer have an "Air Fryer", I use a Panasonic Flash Express which is amazing for crisping leftover pizza, fries, tots, corndogs, onion rings and the like… however I would not use/recommend for fried proteins like chicken, pork, and fish.

HTH

OK, starting to look at appliances. Not buying yet have another week or so before I know how much space I have.
Two questions:

1. Anyone have an AirFryer/Microwave Oven?

2. Has anyone found that the outsides (top/sides/back) get extremely hot, in so much as you must move them around on counter tops? A lot of reviews mention this. You must wait transitioning from one cook style to another, although again, nobody seemed to mention which style to which style.

I've been looking at

cuisinart

galanz

panasonic

Keep in mind the prices are Canadian. I was also looking at the wattage and can only think that is maybe one of the reasons for such price disparences.

I can't speak to an AirFryer/Microwave Oven but..

I am an Instant Brands fan. Instant Pot has been a very good appliance, for me.

I, previously had an IB Vortex Pro and now have an Omni Plus. Love them both. The main difference is size.

I'd suggest you take a few minutes to watch Lana Under Pressure videos on those products.

This video, featuring the Omni Plus was helpful to me. She has many interesting a/f videos.

https://lanaunderpressure.com/tag/instant-omni-plus/

Ross

thanks ross, it is a good video.

My reasoning is - I have a micro, which I use a lot. I also have a toaster oven. I'm hoping to combine the two to save space. They are both about the same size and an airfryer/micro is also about the same size as them. Two in one space so to speak.

thanks ross, it is a good video.

My reasoning is - I have a micro, which I use a lot. I also have a toaster oven. I'm hoping to combine the two to save space. They are both about the same size and an airfryer/micro is also about the same size as them. Two in one space so to speak.

Makes sense. If counter space is limited, as is mine, a two in one might be advisable. My microwave is installed above my stove.

I have a very small kitchen and had to make room for an appliance cabinet when I first bought a toaster oven.

BTW. I forgot to mention. As for heat, most all recommend 5" all around the unit. (top, back, sides) As mine is on a cabinet, its a moot point for me.

Ross

lol have infant in arm, 1 finger typ.. son trying to finish basement apt asap

i will probably take most meals with them. won't have an actual kitchen but can cook when I need to escape. morning cafe etc, lunch... bake ssometimes make extras for meals with them.

so micro important - air fryer a bonus, bit gets rid of extra bulky things.

I have two air fryers. One is a cheap one from China with a basket. It's fine but a pain to clean. (company sent it to me free to use in a YouTube video)

The one that I have that I love is the Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10 Quart 7-in-1. Overall it cooks evenly and is very easy to clean. I have no problems recommending this one.

I have two air fryers. One is a cheap one from China with a basket. It's fine but a pain to clean. (company sent it to me free to use in a YouTube video)

The one that I have that I love is the Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10 Quart 7-in-1. Overall it cooks evenly and is very easy to clean. I have no problems recommending this one.

Good unit. I had the Pro 9in1 and loved it also. The Omni is larger and uses the pans, etc., I had purchased for my first toaster oven. Win/win.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom