New Convection Toaster Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sueanne

Assistant Cook
With the rising cost of cooking with gas decided to try this small toaster convection oven. It toasts, bakes, broils & grills. The fan inside circulates the heat cooking faster. You don't have to turn the meat since it cooks on both sides evenly. Made some hamburgers tonight cooked real fast was so surprised. It does not come with a recipe book which would have been helpful. There are probably other makes that do the same thing will have to do some research. Will try and bake some bread next.
Does anyone have a toaster oven like this?
_______
Sueanne

Who makes it and is there a pic of it available somwhere?

I've always felt that these units were way too small for the size roast that I like to cook in one.

~Corey123.

I've often wondered about the cost difference between using a full-sized gas oven vs. an electric toaster oven. One one hand, the toaster oven is smaller than the gas oven so should be more efficient for smaller items. On the other hand, gas is a lot less expensive than electricity. I don't know which appliance gets the edge.

Corey123 said:
Operating a countertop convection oven IS supposed to be cheaper than using a gas convection oven.

~Corey123.

Corey, I'm not sure what you mean by, "IS supposed to be...".

Countertop CO's, according to their makers, have been said to reduce the amount of energy use over gas because they operate on only pennies per day.

Let's say that you want to cook a roast or two roasts. Put one in your stove's gas oven and put the otrher one in your CCO. Set them for the same temp.

But also, gas appliances are expensive to buy, but are supposed to be cheaper to operate, so here we are back again at Square One.

~Corey123.

They may both be done at the same time, but the signifigance in energy savings should come mostly from using your CCO as opposed to using your GCO.

Last edited:
Corey123 said:
Countertop CO's, according to their makers
Can you really take the word of someone trying to sell their own product though. Of course they are going to say theirs is better.

In our part of the world, gas is much cheaper than electricity when compared for like uses. e.g. homes heated by gas vs. homes heated by electricity or electric ovens vs. gas ovens.

The complication comes in when you are comparing unlike items, a larger gas oven vs. a smaller electric toaster oven. The large gas oven takes more heat to get to temp than the small toaster oven, but the fuel that generates the heat is less expensive.

I believe it depends on how long the cooking takes. For a small item that takes little time, the toaster oven MAY be less expensive. For a larger item that takes a longer cooking time, the gas oven MAY have the advantage.

The unit cost of gas vs. electricity in your area is also a factor.

Of course, whether or not you preheat is a facor. But that's another thread...

What the heck, I'll just go with my mood and use what I want.

CTCO's use about only 1/3 the power of a stove's full-size CO beccause they use much less wattage and power, as you know.

~Corey123.

Even with the increased cost of propane gas, my fuel cost for daily use of gas cooktop and gas oven is $120/yr. (20 years ago it was less than $20). How mush less expensive could an electric CTCO be?

bullseye said:
Even with the increased cost of propane gas, my fuel cost for daily use of gas cooktop and gas oven is $120/yr. (20 years ago it was less than $20). How mush less expensive could an electric CTCO be?

That's my point. I'm not at all sure that it is.

Andy M. said:
That's my point. I'm not at all sure that it is.

Absolutely, Andy. Plus, you have to factor in the cost of said appliance, not to mention the loss of counter space--no small consideration in my kitchen.

I made four hamburgers in the convection oven last night. They cooked so fast and I didn't even have to turn them over. It cooked both sides with the fan at the same time. Baked fish it was a success too. Hated to take everything out of the oven I keep stored just for those four hamburgers. I still like use my stove top for every day pots & skillets.
Here in Florida they are charging us a fuel adj. charge which was $11.76 of my $25.34 bill plus Surcharge fee of $1.43 on our gas bill with the city.
_______
Sueanne

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom