New Oven works great!...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TY suzi- the smudges do bug me a little but not as much as it does someone else. The other day said if you can do it better go ahead. It looks just like I did it. Now that I look at the stuff he brought home its a cleaner and polish. The polish is probably what is making it smudge. I think I'll look at the store to see what I can find. We have a grocery distributor that sells all kinds of things, I think I'll check there too.

One of the good things about black appliances is that they help hide smudges and fingerprints very well!

I once had a coppertone fridge. How I LONG for that color to come back!

LOL.... the first house we bought came with all "Harvest Gold" appliances.
All I could see on those was UGLY!!!!!!!

Suzi, your stove is gorgeous! And your kids are even more gorgeous. And your cookies look like the ones I got in lovely little french bakeries in Provence. Fabulous!

Mikki, look at a restaurant supply house for a product called Sheila Shine. It's about $9 for a big can that will last you a couple of years. That stuff is fantastic for stainless steel and all sorts of other surfaces. No kidding, you won't have fingerprints and when you spill stuff on the stove and don't get to it right away, it still comes off easily. You apply it every 2 or 3 months (just wipe it on) and it's amazing.

I also like Barkeeper's Friend for my stainless sink. But its more like Comet, so I'm not sure it would be gentle enough for the stove.
Sears also had a bottle of Soft Scrub type stuff on each stove when I went to buy it with my MIL, she really likes it on her black.

Well both of your stoves look fabulous! Just gives me oven envy!! Mine is a basic model that came with the house about 30 years ago. Suzi, your black one matches my car and is only a smidgen smaller!!LOL The biscuits, kitchen and kids all look good too.

Congrats for getting it and may you always be happy with it and the food it produces.

Also, try Greased Lightning.

This stuff though, mainly works wonders and helps get rid of old tough sticky grease that piles up on top of appliances which comes from frying foods, but it also works on smudges, fingerprints and grease as well.:cool:

There's also Windex, which works pretty well on smudges.

Maybe that would work on my microwave....
It is over the stove (it matches now) and the fan vents to outside, but the exhaust slats at the top are just filled with grease that I cant get to unless I take it off and soak it in something, then shove a Q-tip in to wipe it out. I swear the guy we bought this house from must have fried every single meal! I've been de-greasing my kitchen (or trying) for almost 3 years now!

Oh and thank you Bilby, we'll be back in there today...
Chocolate chip I think. Maybe Gingersnaps.

Maybe that would work on my microwave....
It is over the stove (it matches now) and the fan vents to outside, but the exhaust slats at the top are just filled with grease that I cant get to unless I take it off and soak it in something, then shove a Q-tip in to wipe it out. I swear the guy we bought this house from must have fried every single meal! I've been de-greasing my kitchen (or trying) for almost 3 years now!

Haha!! I like that one.

Yeah, that also sounds like caked-on grease that has built up for many years.
Greased Lightening should get it out, even though it might be hard to get at, like you said.

In addition to fried foods not being healthy for you, it also is unhealthy for your appliances as well. It makes them sticky and rancid-smelling from spoiled
sticky old smelly grease.

The stuff is availible at your local supermarket, but I bought the gallon size at Home Depot and just fill the smaller bottles as needed. Great stuff!;)

Ive seen greased lightning just never tried it, I'll have to try it. There are just so many cleaners and many don't work. Thanks.

You're welcome!

Actually, it can be used all around the house, as it is a multi-purpose cleaner. But I like it so much because it attacks and lifts that stubborn hard-to-get-off built-up sticky grease from the stove, fridge and other appliances.

New-stove owners all over will be glad to hear of it!

How 'bout I just bake the cookies here first...
You see those 2 "angels" ???
Looks ARE decieving. There is a reason I always have a bottle of Brandy around.

There is a 3rd child, but I like that one because he isn't here much when he is in school. :ohmy: That was a bad thing to say!
I am really just kidding, I love my children like nothing else.
But in the end, Charlie, I am embarrassed to bring them anywhere. And I bring them everywhere.

Believe me I know exactly what you are talking about. I have 4 of those Angels at home and the oldest one, thank G-d is in coledge. ;)

So, don't worry about. How much worse can my house get? :LOL:

LOL.... the first house we bought came with all "Harvest Gold" appliances.
All I could see on those was UGLY!!!!!!!

Those old colors of the '50s,'60s & '70s are STILL availible, believe it or not!

A co. that makes and sells retro-style major appliances like fridges and stoves, you can get at places like home shows and they'll do a custom color of your choice. Even the old-style colonial cast iron black and chrome-laden stoves. But you'll have to fork over some BIG BUCKS for those appliances!

No thanks!
If I had big bucks for an appliance, it would be a 6 burner gas range / electric oven Jenn-Air or Viking. Stainless. To match the giant fridge.
Ok I'm back from dream world. Guess I'll wait to win the lottery. :)

I hear ya!! Haha!!

You'd mainly be paying for the retro style and color. If you want to see what one of the refrigerators look like, just watch Raechel Ray's cooking show 30-Minute Meals. There's a fridge there that has a retro-style facade, but the inside is ultra-modern. I think it's in the almond color - another appliance color that can't be found any more.

My fridge is still almond... one of the original double door on top, freezer on bottom.
Maybe once I get rid of the piece of uhhhh...... junk...... it'll be worth some "retro" money!!!!!
My husband likes RR's stove, actually all the retro appliances. I don't care much for it. I've had real retro, I'm ready for NEW!!!

Yeah, RR's stove is also kind of retro.

She only uses it though to broil and bake something. She won't do her own baking of cakes and bread because she doesn't like to measure anything. She'll always "eyeball it", as she always says.

No actually it was a cheap Wilton one from Target. I bought it like 6 years ago and never opened it 'til now. It works nicely for $7, but the old one my mom has makes bigger cookies that don't fall apart so easily. I may need to find me a nice one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom