Off Use for a Tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I was looking an all metal meat grinder/sausage stuffer attachment for my KA Mixer.

At about the same time, I saw a photo of a pasta dish with handmade extruded pasta (like penne rigate or similar).

Putting two and two together I came up with this: Could you use the meat grinder attachment with pasta dough to force the dough through the little holes in the plate for ground meat to make an extruded spaghetti-like pasta.

Just a random thought. What do you think?

There is a blade just behind the holes.

You would probably end up with Orzo type pasta. :ohmy:

On my meat grinder, there is only a blade behind the plate, if I put it there. But, now that I think about it, I'm not sure the plate would be firmly in place, if I don't include the blade. I'll have to try to remember to have a look.

I'm pretty sure it is standard for all those blades to come off - gotta clean in there!

I didn't want to say every meat grinder. But, every meat grinder that I have seen has had a separate, cross shaped blade. I don't think of it as something that comes off. I think of it as one of the many parts that one must assemble to use a meat grinder.

300px-Fleischwolf-zerlegt.jpg

Hmm, looking at that picture, I think the plate would be loose with that type of ring fastener. I have used meat grinders with a wingnut that attaches the plate rather than a ring. That might be a European thing or quite old fashioned.

Maybe it would work with an adapter ring next to the plate.

The one I'm looking at is an attachment for a KA mixer and is also a sausage stuffer so different combinations of parts can be accommodated.

That's not my question.

What I really am curious about is if I can successfully make a spaghetti-like noodle with it.

The one I'm looking at is an attachment for a KA mixer and is also a sausage stuffer so different combinations of parts can be accommodated.

That's not my question.

What I really am curious about is if I can successfully make a spaghetti-like noodle with it.
I had another look at mine. I put it together without the knife / blade part. It fit fine. But I turned the screw and looked in through the plate. It looks like I could get some very short strands of pasta. I think the end edges of the screw would chop off the pasta, but I'm not sure.

The one in the picture would accommodate a sausage stuffer attachment.

LOL... Andy... all of these posts just to say....

try it and let us know!

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

oops, just realized you were thinking of buying one.. sorry can't help you, maybe someone here has one and could experiment for you?

Last edited:
When we bought the dedicated meat grinder, we gave our DD the KA grinder so can't try it out. Though maybe when it's safe to travel, we can get it back because I doubt she's using it.

When we bought the dedicated meat grinder, we gave our DD the KA grinder so can't try it out. Though maybe when it's safe to travel, we can get it back because I doubt she's using it.

Well, I've dropped the hint. SO is pretty good at picking up on them. Now I have to have patience.

Back
Top Bottom