Oster Food Processor opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silver

Senior Cook
Hey guys, I just stumbled across this forum because I'm looking for a good beginner's cooking forum, and figured I'd ask a question of the experts here:

I'm looking at supplementing my already significant number of kitchen gadgets with a food processor and my local Costco is selling this one:

http://www.oster.ca/productdetail.aspx?id=150&cat=25

Basically a 500 watt 10 cupper with a variety of blade attachments.

I'll mostly be cooking for one or two, althought we usually make enough for several days of leftovers. One of the main reasons I want it for is to cream cottage cheese (for protein bars) and for blasting dried fruit into little bits (also for protein bars).

I have an Osterizer blender that I've been very happy with over the years, but it seems to be less effective for really grinding stuff down into bits or creaming things into more of a paste (like cottage cheese). It's great for liquids, obviously, but less effective for other tasks. I also have a Sunbeam mixer and some handheld mixer as well as a Braun inversion mixer kinda thing (you know those cheap little Braun things everyone has...).

Does anyone have any opinions on the Oster? I thought it'd be good because the price is right ($90 CAD - probably about $75-$80 USD) and probably better than a lot of those crappy B&D/GE ones from Wal-Mart. I can't really afford a $200 Cuisinart/KA.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with Oster's quality. Most folks recommend either Cuisinart or Kitchen Aid.

Maybe someone else will come along with more info.

Back
Top Bottom