Oven Shelves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
How often do you clean your oven shelves?
I hate this job.
I have though, got some stuff that you paint on to the shelves and leave for a little while then wash it off. It works pretty well . I get it from Lakeland.

At Easter time, I got some egg decorations to make some Easter eggs with our garnd daughter. they were like little bottomless envelopes which you slipped over the egg and dipped into very hot water. The only problem was they didn't fit large eggs! I complained to them and they refunded the money and sent a letter of apology.:)

I assume you mean the wire racks inside the oven? In my case, is never convenient for you?

I have had my current stove for 6 years last month, and I have never cleaned them.

I leave them in the oven when I run the self-cleaning cycle. They are a little discolored as a result but they are clean.

Andy M. said:
I leave them in the oven when I run the self-cleaning cycle. They are a little discolored as a result but they are clean.

Ooooh, I wish my oven had one of those.:)

csalt, there is a brilliant thing you can get in UK where you put the selves in a bag provded with the product and leave them for about 30 mins then rinse them, can't think what its called but I used it in my London place and it was so good I did the oven in Somerset the week after .... seriously impressed! The Oven in London is old, maybe older than me, and had not been well cleaned before I moved in, for some years (I hesitate to say decades but its probable!) and I had scrubbed and scubbed, but had those bits in the corners etc, the ones that never come off, but these were built up and NASTY. I was impressed when the stuff with the bag really worked :) It was messy, and I had to do it in the bath because the racks were too big for my kitchen sink.

I hate oven cleaning, I try and wipe thing out while still hot, but if its too late and they are welded then I soak the racks ASAP.

The Lakeland stuff is a bit like that but instead of a bag they provide a large plastic tray. It's just not my most favourite occupation!

Oven cleaning itself even, is a drudgery! That, along with defrosting the fridge. I hate both of them!!

My mom and pop MADE us do these two dreadful jobs as part of our houeshold chores. I try to avoid cleaning the oven and the racks as long as I possibly can. But I guess the racks themselves might be easier to clean if you can do them in or over the sink.

For most of my roasting, if it fits inside the George Jr. Rotisserie or the Favorwave Convection Oven, it's going in one of those! Those two are much easier to disassemble and clean.

But I couldn't wait until the day that I could buy my first frost-free fridge! I'm on my fourth one.
And if I ever get my own house, the oven will be a self-cleaning one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom