Panasonic Bread Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ah666

Assistant Cook
Hi we have a Panasonic SD255 bread maker which has given great service for around 2 ½ years, the bearing did go in the bottom of the pan but I replaced that and all was fine.

However we are now getting very poor quality bread from the bread maker, its very dry and almost like a cake (scone) texture. We have not changed any ingredients, the order that they are inserted or the method.

Any ideas or is the bread maker just worn out (its busy life with at least 1 loaf a day over 2 ½ years)

Do you always use the same brand of flour? You could call the flour company's customer support line. It may be that the gluten content has changed because of the source where the raw ingredients are purchased. All wheat is not created equal.

We found that the whole wheat flour we were using started to produce a drier bread. We contacted the company and the source of the raw ingredients had changed. It was still whole wheat flour, but didn't behave the same in the bread machine. We adjusted our liquid quantities and finally got the bread like that we'd had before.

If the flour hasn't changed, then I'd call the customer support line for the bread machine.

Welcome to DC! I hope you stick around. It's a great place to spend time.

Last edited:
If you are using the same recipes and the same brand ingredients and this is happening all of a sudden, the the chances are good it is time for a new drive belt, this belt goes from the motor to the pan and is what makes the kneading paddle turn. Overtime the age and stretch causing slippage which prevents the dough from getting properly kneaded.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom