Panini grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BCEagle said:
I know Andy and the rest of you logical and creative chefs are right about getting a panni sandwich made right but I want to perform. I'll take my Cuisinart out from its honored place of storage, prepare the facachia style bread I just made by scooping out most of the interior bread, slathering it with homemade dressing, then carefully placing kraut, corned beef, and swiss cheese on the bottom piece of bread place. As my family watches in rapt attention I'll place it on the grill side on my shinning Cusinart and put the top piece of bread in place. I'll gently drop down the top of the griller on my sandwich and as the bread toasts give it a professional squeeeeeeeeze!
My wife and kids will cheer and I'll perform sandwich making well into the night.
Can't do that with a brick and two skillets practical as they may be.
Only another appliance freak can understand the obsession.

My, my, you certainly have a rich and rewarding fantasy life!

ChefJune said:
I inherited a wonderful waffle maker that came with two plates to insert for making grilled sandwiches... (that was back before someone gave them the name of "panini," which, in Italy, are not necessarily grilled but are always sandwiches. :)

The literal translation of pannini means "little breads." Pannini is plural, one pannino two pannini. Whatever you call them, they're terrific.

Andy it's either a rich fantasy life or "For God's sake get a life!" Alas happy in ignorance here on the farm.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom