Pannini Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoubleBubba

Assistant Cook
I want to get one of these, any suggestions like brand etc that anyone might have??

I want one too!!! I have looked at several and so far the one I like is the DeLonghi because it is heavy - like a panini maker should be. Well, I did look at a commercial one but counterspace is a problem not to mention to $$$ it cost :?

The cooking space on the DeLonghi is big enough - it has temperature control in case heat control is necesary - but like I said - it had a heavy top lid which some of the others did not have.

Paninni Maker

I have a Paninni Maker from Wolfgang Puck (HSN)
I love it. It grills beautifully and has a center of the lid swivel that means it it self leveling on the meat. I love to cook the bacon on it. It goes so fast and I never use the outside grill for hamburgers anymore, it's just too easy to do them on the Paninni.

I heard about the one from Susanne Somers and also ordered that because I heard it was easy to clean. But, unless you had something real thick it did not make contact. I sent that one back and kept the HSN Wolfgang Puck.

I would have liked to have one with a 'on/off' switch. WP has to be unplugged to turn off.

I think if you can wait until next year. There will be some improvements on the one from WP.

HTH
MaryAnne

Hi macsc and welcome to Discuss Cooking.

I haven't had the chance to see a Wolfgang Puck panini maker - probably because my search just started! LOL Is the top heavy? The DeLonghi was really heavy and I thought that that would make a nice crust on a big, fat sandwich - mmmmm - I really want one! :D

Hi Kitchenelf

Yes the cover is heavy. It makes great 'grill marks' on both top and bottom.

I've never seen the DeLongi so really can't tell you anything about the comparison of the tops.

I love mine and use it as a toaster as well. Ohhh! now that I'm remembering that, I can tell you that the top IS heavy because if the bread is not substancial (whole grained or dense) it squishes into a cracker. :LOL:

If you can wait another month (I know, hard to do) I'm sure they'll be on sale. If you go to the HSN website and look under WP, there will be a picture and probably some info there that you can use for comparison.
What ever one you decide on, I think the most important feature to look for is "the self-leveling" top. It makes all the difference in contact.

Happy Shopping
macsc (who believes in getting the best that you can afford)

Back
Top Bottom