Question about mixers need help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing really bugs me is watching Paula Dean hustling the latest and greatest in cookware on her show, and having all that wonderful antique copper cookware hanging unused on her wall.

One thing really bugs me is watching Paula Dean hustling the latest and greatest in cookware on her show, and having all that wonderful antique copper cookware hanging unused on her wall.

The same thing pretty much happens on Sandra Lee's show Semi-Homemade Cooking.

You can see an orange K'Aid Stand Mixer on the counter behind her, but she hardly ever uses it!! She would rather get out a hand-held mixer and use that one instead!

Wolfgang Puck used a Hobart N-50 before he started selling his own mixers.

My Mom used a Sunbeam she bought in the 1940s until she stopped baking in the 90's. Dad would not let her have the KA I gave her for Mother's day.

Seems the OP is interested in making cookies, not bread. The Sunbeam should be just fine. When it dies, I'd recommend getting their top of the line 450-watt Heritage stand mixer, which I bought after struggling with my big KA that was overkill for my modest chores (sold it on eBay).

It's at least half the price of the KA, has plenty of power for all but maybe the most devoted bread bakers out there, its design makes it much simpler to use than the KA for adding ingredients and scraping the bowl, and it comes with both a large and smaller bowl.

My moms owned a Hamilton Beach chrome Stand Mixer. It had a white handle on top of it. It wasn't a dough maker, but she DID use it for cakes and pie fillings. The beaters were grouped together in an assembly as one unit.

I can't begin to tell you how many mixers I went through before buying my K'Aid
K-45SS! Must have had at least 12 a dozen of them - up to and including a Kenwood Stand Mixer! There was a cheap Hamilton Beach where the gears for the beaters broke, and Oster Kitchen Center and the Kenwood.

All of these, I had problems with. I then came to the conclusion that I wanted a K'Aid mixer, which I finally got in '86!

Back
Top Bottom