Rice Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything's possible Ducdebrabant. I saw some lady on tv making egg omelettes, quesadillas and burgers on her waffle maker.

I finally purchased a rice cooker since I saw it at Costco (Aroma digital 10 cup cool touch). It cost me about $30.

0000212405940_LG.jpg

It is pre-programmed for white rice and brown rice and has a basket for steaming foods. The main feature that I like is the removable non-stick cooking pot for easy cleaning.

I never thought I'd use one, however, I have a habit of putting a pot of rice on the stove and getting absorbed in something else. After burning the rice twice in a week it was an easy decision. The Aroma rice cooker automatically goes into a warming mode after the rice is cooked.

I love it. It was a long overdue purchase. This is the only one I've ever used so I cannot speak about other brands or models.
Aurora, thanks so much for answering my questions about the rice cooker and telling me about yours. I ended up getting an Aroma that looks pretty much just like yours on sale at Target for $30 (closer than Costco). WooHoo! I'm really excited about this - I think it will get a lot of use!

Brand

Where you just lucky or what? The site of Costco doesn't show this rice cooker. Only show two that are both almost $100.

thanks for sharing your purchase. Sure sound interesting and practical.

ITK:

The stuff you see online at the Costco website is not intended to be the same as what's in the stores. In fact, store inventory differs form region to region.

Cooker

thanks Andy M AGAIN! Don't you always seem to have to hold my hand? So sorry. It is just that I don't get to shop too much or spend too much time for myself. Have to always depend on you.

Do you like Costco? Have to buy membership to shop there? Just like with Sam's. We hardly go to Sam's but they want to have your identification when you do go there. You got membership at Sam's too? Do you think Costco is better than Sam's? Guess they are about the same. Guess I'll hope that I can get this rice cooker. Seems like good investment. Cooking oatmeal is really plus.

thank you again, Andy M. Till next time.

We have a membership to Costco. Have had one for a number of years. We also alternate memberships between BJs and Sam's Club. Of the three, we think Costco is by far the best.

We buy most of our meats there. Their store brand, Kirkland Signature, is consistently of high quality. They offer a wide range of stuff.

Different stores carry different inventories. We are within reasonable driving distance of at least two Costcos. They have very different liquor departments. One has a better selection of wines we like than the other, for example.

Andy M

Thanks, Andy M. Will feel confident that I will use the Costco membership and won't worry about getting membership.And they even sell meat there too. Something I didn't know. Also wine. Sold me already. Curiousity always gets me and when someone I respect approves well I won't lose. Thanks for the time Andy M and I will be back.

I've burned rice in my day, but it wasn't such a tragedy with my old cookware. Now that I've ruined one rather expensive nonstick Calphalon saucepan, I'll definitely consider an electric rice cooker -- especially if it does grits and oatmeal too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom